• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gestalt Terror and Blasphemy (Group I)

Serpenteye

First Post
Ikobian continues to investigate the walls of the seeming dead end, returning to the entrance chamber when he is done.

ooc: Does his Human see the battle? If he is the telepathic link between them should communicate that knowledge to Ikobian. (Dominate Person)

If he's aware of the attack on his companions he returns immediately to the chamber and attempts to posess the closest of the demons with his Malevolence ability.

Hammerhead

Explorer
I did look up, Tammarian replies, hurt, as he move into position to flank one of the demons, swords springing into his hands. A liar and cheat, but never a bore, he sings softly, continuing his song from before, as he furiously attacks the demon who had the cheek to wound him.

OOC: Tumble +13 if need be to move into flanking position. Has +4 armor and +4 weapons, netting an additional +2 bonus to AC and +3 to attack and damage with shortswords.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Initiatives:
Aemon (24)
Tammarian (19)
Garrick (16)
Ikobian (11)
Creature 1 (11)
Creature 2 (6)

Aemon's battle song begins and he draws his weapon, he strikes out at his attacker. He is exceptionally fast, quickly striking the creature. What damage he causes is rewarded by the sight of chips of stone armor fragmenting off the creatures body. (14 damage to creature)

Tammarian quick draws his weapons as he tumbles into position to flank the creature, striking critically (nat 20 26 to confirm) on his sneak attack. The creature is dreadfully wounded by the attack, and suffers massive damage (Fort Save: 19, Failed). The Gargoyle creature dies immediately from the well placed and deadly wound. (77 damage, fort save 19 fails, dead)

Garrick takes a 5 foot step to get a clear sight of the room and then unleashes a rapid series of arrows into the Gargoyle, striking with incredible precision. The arrows cut deep into the creatures stony hide and it screams in a chalkboard scratching tone. (43 damage)

Ikobian hears the fighting by proxy, and turns into the room. The remaining gargoyle is across the room, and as Ikobian passes over the blood pool it ignites into flames. These do not harm him, and he continues towards the gargoyle. Ikobian attempts to posses the creature, (nat 1 on save) and gains his domination of the monster.

Serpenteye

First Post
The Gargoyle toakes a five foot step backwards and raises it's hands in a gesture of peace. "Enough. I am Ikobian, the beast is now under my control and I don't want my vessel destroyed needlessly."The Gargoyle/Ghost looks at its companions. "It seems the northern corridor is a dead end. But I did not get the chance to investigate it thoroughly, there may be a hidden door there."

ooc: Just how much did he manage to investigate the walls of the northern corridor? Did he notice anything beyond?

ooc: What are the stats of the Gargoyle he is posessing? He should be able to make an asessment, though not perhaps with 100% accuracy.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Garrick readied another volley and aimed for the remaining gargoyle, holding his pose. "I suppose that's not a problem . . . until you leave it," Garrick said questioningly.

Once the gargoyle made on aggressive actions, Garrick looked around the ceiling for any more of them, but stayed were he was.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tammarian seems amazed by his own strike. Did you see that? he asks, his eyes wide. Still, if that was just the welcoming party, this isn't going to be any picnic. Time for some misdirection, he whispers conspiratorily to Garrick as he begins to change shape to disguise himself as the archer.

He then ambles over to the pool of blood, examining it, sticking a finger in it, tasting it, etc.

Disguise +22 with Hat of Disguise

Serpenteye

First Post
Ikobian raises a stony eyebrow as Tammarian drinks the obviously magically tainted blood and turns to open the door to the south, casually checking it for traps. "Perhaps this direction has more to offer in the way of opposition. There's obviously more to this than some tainted, albeit delicious, blood." He opens the door and walks trough, mentally ordering his Human to follow.

Creamsteak

Explorer
ooc: Just how much did he manage to investigate the walls of the northern corridor? Did he notice anything beyond?

You could tell theres a split hallway in that direction. A T if you would call it that.

ooc: What are the stats of the Gargoyle he is posessing? He should be able to make an asessment, though not perhaps with 100% accuracy.

You can tell the basics of a gargoyle from the monster manual with higher base ability scores, but no further.

He then ambles over to the pool of blood, examining it, sticking a finger in it, tasting it, etc.

When you try to stick your finger into the blood, the pool suddenly bursts into flames. (Reflex Save Passed), you avoid the sudden burst, but as long as you remain close the blood is completely aflame.

(I'm kinda waiting to see what Keia does next, but carry on)...

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
After several moments in which the gargoyle made no hostile action, Garrick relaxed his bow and stowed the arrow he had nocked.

Garrick wasn't comfortable with the powers that Ikobian, and this was no different. He spoke to the 'gargoyle' . . .

"You let us know before you release your hold on that creature . . . and not when we're being attacked," Garrick almost barked. "We don't need to have something attack us that we think is tame."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads