Ginny Di interviews WotC's Kyle Brink

Continuing the D&D executive producer's interview tour, gaming influencer Ginny Di asks a WotC's Kyle Brink about the OGL and other things.

Continuing the D&D executive producer's interview tour, gaming influencer Ginny Di asks a WotC's Kyle Brink about the OGL and other things.

Iosue

Legend
I really don’t know what she expected him to say about how Wizards will regain trust. Trust is built on a pattern of behavior. Once lost in the manner in which Wizards did, it’s going to take time to regain, and that can only be done by communicating intent and then following through. So, action, rather than words. Sure, releasing the 3.5 SRD in CC might generate some good will. An SRD for 1D&D might move the needle some. But it’s going to take years of these small actions and communication with the community.

Retreater

Legend
Right now I'm trying to determine if I should watch this, if I can be swayed into trusting them.
I'm thinking not, unless I hear there are some big revelations.

Scribe

Legend
Of course, that doesn't change the fact that policing content is a nightmare on several other levels, but it's nice to see him confirm it's not about giving a list of existing products. We can finally put the whole "show me racist OGL material now, or it's not a problem" comments to rest.

On the flip side, he had to say its about the future, because there are little to no examples, as evidenced by the various times people have said 'show me'.

Retreater

Legend
Now that so much has passed, for good, ill, or (most likely) in between, this is why I keep coming back to these threads on Kyle's interviews. I want 4e D&D put into CC so much I can taste it.
I'm not optimistic about that happening (but I wish they would). It's not like they can flip a switch and it be done. There is no basis of an SRD for 4e. Their IP is littered throughout every power and feat.

Remove ads

Remove ads