Ginny Di on the OGL

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Your presented logic did. Sorry.

But, to be slightly more constructive about it, my point was expressing a generalization, in the form of a question.

Pointing out that the generalization isn't an absolute does not prove that the generalization is invalid, or that the generalization doesn't apply to the case in question.
Yet you said it after he already apologized and you said “fair enough”. What was the point of continuing to chide him when, as you‘ve just implied, you knew darn well there are non-dismissive uses? To make him feel bad?

S'mon

Legend
Okay: some people in this thread are being blatantly sexist and dismissing Ginny D because she is a young attractive female and not a straight white dude.

Better?

I think some people who haven't actually watched her content put her in the "fake geek girl who sells cosplay calendars to simps" box. For anyone who actually watches her content, it's 100% clear that she is a genuine geek & RPGer, just as much as the rest of us. I do think there is an element of sexism in the stereotyping. OTOH there really are Onlyfans & deviantart.com types who do make a living out of 'sexy D&D cosplay', so I can kinda see where the stereotype comes from. It's clearly inapplicable here.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Good grief, I was going to leave a note yesterday but figured people would be back on topic, but no, it's still weird gatekeeping chatter all about somebody's personal identity. Let's drop that, please. It's not a good look. If you don't want to talk about her thoughts on the OGL, then perhaps best find a different thread.

Remove ads