Ryan Dancy live stream about WotCs surprising change.

Bolares

Hero
Big takeaway: If you want anything more than they've already given us, find someone high up within WotC to champion it.

Jeremy Crawford seems like a good candidate to lobby for older editions being added to the CC-BY license as he worked on some OGL d20 books and contributed to a whole bunch of 4e.
I'd be really carefull with this course of action. Choosing a champion could easely transform in to harassing this "champion" until they get the job done (by your arbitrary definition of done).

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
You can probably find an automated thing which will transcribe it for you. Manually, it takes about 3 hours to transcribe one hour of video, and this is over 2 hours, so I don't imagine anybody's queuing up to do it!
You never know, it doesnt hurt to ask. I just dont have the free hours every day to listen to things like this, let alone the dozens of podcasts folks seem to be able to listen to as well. 🤷‍♂️

Jer

Legend
Supporter
You could start with the transcript bot if you'd like:

It uses YouTube's own automated CC (which is often terrible) and it won't be able to identify who says what, but its at least a way to do some keyword spotting as you scroll through the text to see if they talk about anything of interest, and it'll let you skip to that portion of the video if you need to clarify anything you read.

Dausuul

Legend
Big takeaway: If you want anything more than they've already given us, find someone high up within WotC to champion it.

Jeremy Crawford seems like a good candidate to lobby for older editions being added to the CC-BY license as he worked on some OGL d20 books and contributed to a whole bunch of 4e.
Please don't volunteer Jeremy Crawford (or anyone else) for this job.

It is not our place as fans to go hunting for champions within WotC. If someone steps up, we can and should support that person; but we do not know enough about WotC's internal politics to identify a suitable champion, and we also do not have the personal relationship that would allow us to make the request.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases