GM found! 0-level funnel pending!

fireinthedust

Explorer
agreed!

Hey, they have other tools, including upper level char gen!

I just got a wizard confidence artist who was raised by wolves... with 7 strength!

GlassEye

Adventurer
For the funnel I'm pretty sure you play all your characters at the same time. At least, from what I've read in game play reports. Obviously, with a lot of characters there may be space constraints so some will move forward while others hang back. Luck awards reward action but action is most likely to get your character killed off; if you hang back you are less likely to get the luck you need to survive. It's a conundrum.

I hopped over to purple sorcerer today. I ended up with a turnip farmer who would probably lose an argument with one of his turnips.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Another option would be to look at the teeny tiny, barely visible (to me) print above the characters at the modifier sum and set a certain mod. sum that the combined characters must have or re-roll. Testing it out I rolled 11 times (meant to only do 10 but I miscounted). I ended up with three sets at +1, 4 at +0, 2 at -1, 1 at -5, and 1 at -7. Even the -7 modifiers group wasn't really terrible, though (0, +1, -2, -6). Of course, there's the play it straight option, too.

doghead

thotd
agreed!

Hey, they have other tools, including upper level char gen!

I just got a wizard confidence artist who was raised by wolves... with 7 strength!

Thanks for the heads up. I never even thought to look. Here is a link to the tools page. There is also a free funnel adventure. I haven't looked at it.

For the funnel I'm pretty sure you play all your characters at the same time. At least, from what I've read in game play reports. Obviously, with a lot of characters there may be space constraints so some will move forward while others hang back. Luck awards reward action but action is most likely to get your character killed off; if you hang back you are less likely to get the luck you need to survive. It's a conundrum.

Would we want better ability score options? Like, re-roll 1s, that sort of thing? You can set the random roller to do that.

Another option would be to look at the teeny tiny, barely visible (to me) print above the characters at the modifier sum and set a certain mod. sum that the combined characters must have or re-roll. Testing it out I rolled 11 times (meant to only do 10 but I miscounted). I ended up with three sets at +1, 4 at +0, 2 at -1, 1 at -5, and 1 at -7. Even the -7 modifiers group wasn't really terrible, though (0, +1, -2, -6). Of course, there's the play it straight option, too.

I would be inclined to say go with 3d6 as Crom Intended. Have as many goes as you want until you get a combination of four that you like. Then we will run them through a funnel. Once that is done and you have decided which character you want to play, you can modify the abilities as you see fit to create a character with no more than a sum Mod of no more than +1. We could also vote for favourite characters, each vote get you a +1 to any attribute of your choice assuming you go for the character with the votes.

On a tangental note, whats up with the Occupation Source options like Jez's Twisted Wonderland? How cool does that sound? And check out some of the resulting occupations - Fog bearer, Chin Wagger, Strife Stewer, Slurry Runner, Moon Slinker and Slop Chopper. Does anyone know the story behind these?

thotd

Remove ads