Goodman Games' Next Reincarnation Is Expedition To The Barrier Peaks

Following on from Into the Borderlands and The Isle of Dread, Goodman Games is next bringing 1980's sci-fantasy adventure Expedition to the Barrier Peaks to D&D 5th Edition.

OAR-3-mockup.jpg

Announced at Gary Con this weekend, Expedition is due out in September. Like the others in the Original Adventures Reincarnated series, it contains the original module, handouts, and an updated 5E version.

The adventure features a crashed spaceship, robots, ray guns, and plant people.

You can find out more directly from GG's website here.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I started playing long enough ago, and there was such a huge gap between T1 and T1-4, that the Temple of Elemental Evil feels like it belongs to a later era of adventures to me. It feels like a peer to the Dragonlance adventures, which I wouldn't expect Goodman to be touching. (If anything, I think Margaret Weis would end up taking another crack at Krynn before anyone else does, including WotC.)

Oh, man, maybe sooner, or maybe later, but eventually the Dragonlance modules are screaming for a Ghosts of Saltmarsh style treatment. They'd have to pull a DotMM and go past their usual page count, but it would be worth it for them in terms of ROI.

Temple of Elemental Evil also seems well poised to make the center of a multi-module sandbox remake.

thundershot

Adventurer
Have they mentioned PDFs yet? I'm interested in these classic products, but don't want the physical books.

Whatever agreement they have with WOTC prevents them from producing them in digital format. I was going back and forth just trying to get map files with no success...

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
Cant wait; just picked up the first 2; this is becoming a hit product for Goodman; while I don't play DCC I do love these D&D collectors reprints.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
When they announced Isle of Dread, they said Into the Borderlands was their best selling product...ever.

I never bought anything from Goodman Games until their Keep in the Borderlands book. Not only have I now bought two expensive TTRPG books from them because of this series, but it also introduced the company to me and created a lot of Goodwill. I skipped their Lankmar kickstarted because it wasn't 5e, but my experiences with the quality of this series made me take the time to look into DCC and to sign up for a Lankhmar game at a recent convention and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying their Lankhmar setting when it is released. I also discovered that they were selling the old Grimtooth Traps books (I don't believe they were the original publishers, but don't remember) and bought the PDF versions. I have not bought any of their 5th edition fantasy adventure modules, but they are now on my RADAR.

Not sure if I'm at all representative of their new customers, but if I am, not only did the book sell very well itself, it lead to purchases of their other material and greatly increased their brand recognition and goodwill.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Never liked this module either so yeah, Hard Skip for me too. Still, I am happy to see these being made and surprised WotC doesn't do it themselves.

I enjoyed Isle of Dread though, but I am waiting for Against the Giants and a few others. We've run Keep on the Borderlands. It was good work, but in retrospect our DM said he could have just as easily converted it himself and saved $50. I found it interesting to read some of the additional content personally, however.

BMaC

Adventurer
Another attractive volume for the bookshelf. Also potential mini campaign when linked to the new Kwalish adventure.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases