D&D General Goodman Games To Reincarnate Jennell Jaquays' Caverns of Thracia

Game designer Jennell Jaquays has announced that Goodman Games will be reviving her 1979 Caverns of Thracia adventure for D&D 5E and its own DCC RPG. The Greek-themed adventure is set in a detailed dungeon, and was originally published by Judges Guild. After over two years of biting my tongue and ignoring friends' questions, I can finally share this news. In addition to owning Dark Tower...

Game designer Jennell Jaquays has announced that Goodman Games will be reviving her 1979 Caverns of Thracia adventure for D&D 5E and its own DCC RPG. The Greek-themed adventure is set in a detailed dungeon, and was originally published by Judges Guild.

EE19ED9E-655D-4119-B2C8-17A547AB26BA.jpeg

After over two years of biting my tongue and ignoring friends' questions, I can finally share this news.

In addition to owning Dark Tower, the game adventure that I created 43 years ago for Judges Guild; Goodman Games also owns The Caverns of Thracia... which some fans consider to be the better of my two Judges Guild mega-dungeon/campaign adventures.

It will eventually be getting the same treatment as Dark Tower as a Goodman Games Original Adventures Reincarnated product

Dark Tower, another of Jaquays' Judges Guild modules, is currently on Kickstarter with three weeks to go.

Retreater

Legend
Very excited to see this one and so happy Goodman is bringing us a way to get these classics (since they're no longer on DriveThru).
And thanks @darjr for making the thread. I saw the news about 2 minutes before my game went live last night and didn't have time to make a proper post.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
OK so they’re not smooshing them all into one big book anymore?

EDIT: I see that with Dark Tower, they are smooshing them all together into one three-volume slipcase set, but you can buy just the 5e conversion as a PDF for $50. Something to consider. Perhaps they'll do the same for Caverns of Thracia. (I've had a look at Dark Tower, but wasn't that impressed.)
To further elaborate on what Parmadur already wrote, there are two different three-volumes set. One for DCC and the other for 5e. The first book of each set is the same (it's a scan of the original version plus some essays). The other two volumes (one for the converted adventure, the other for new extra material) are game specific.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
From Jennell Jaquays.

After over two years of biting my tongue and ignoring friends' questions, I can finally share this news.

In addition to owning Dark Tower, the game adventure that I created 43 years ago for Judges Guild; Goodman Games also owns The Caverns of Thracia... which some fans consider to be the better of my two Judges Guild mega-dungeon/campaign adventures.

It will eventually be getting the same treatment as Dark Tower as a Goodman Games Original Adventures Reincarnated product.

View attachment 249202

OAR 7 update Update 10: Goodman Games Announces Caverns of Thracia for 5E and DCC RPG · Original Adventures Reincarnated #7: Dark Tower
Fantasic news. Reading some of the comments and hints from Goodman I was beginning to think that this might be the case... :)

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The only potential sad note of this great news is that, if I'm understanding things correctly, this is going to be the next OAR installment due in 2023 and at this point I'm wondering if there are going to be more TSR adventures in the line.

Remove ads

Remove ads