Got me an Orcus today!

countgray

First Post
So I bought my Orcus just yesterday at Wonko's here in Austin. Then a couple of Mormons stopped by today wanting to share with me their message. As a nice guy that is open-minded, likes to talk to people and hates to say no to anyone, I invited them in and offered them a glass of water. There on my dining table was the brand new Orcus, Demon Prince of Undeath, large as life (well, unlife) or at least large as a 1" to 5' scale model anyways. I was actually impressed with how they handled that. One of them actually picked it up, checked it out and then asked me if I had liked that movie Avatar.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Heh, looks like I will be destroying the collector's value of both of them. :) Enough changes that it does not matter which Ocus she went with, both are getting complete repaints.

The Auld Grump

Abraxas

Explorer
Got mine tuesday + 1 for our DM for his birthday. Then we had to scheme with the store owner to explain why they hadn't "come in yet". Just gave it to him tonight.

I also found out that one other in our group got one - so, of the 4 available at our 2 FLGSs my group owns 3.

We're gonna hafta set up a scene with all 3, plus our 3 colossal red dragons.

Gort

Explorer
I think the mini looks awful. His proportions are completely off - look at his arms! They're tiny! I guess it goes back to the original picture, though.

Reminds me of Dick Tracy.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Good stuff, Markn! That collection is awesome!

One of the guys in my group has a substantial collection of minis but he probably only has about 1/4 as many as you have (which is still a lot given the size of your mega collection!)

Its cool that you have a basement to store them all in and game in. I have no basement, alas. My only spare room will probably become a kids room meaning everything is probably eventually moving into the garage which makes it much harder to get to stuff.

Markn

First Post
Dragonblade,

When we were house hunting, I had 3 criteria in mind - 1) At least 2 extra bedrooms upstairs for our 2 kids (which have now filled them) 2) near the centre of town as I hate driving and 3) a room big enough to support my expansive hobby, my players (number is currently 6 players + DM).

Once the D&D room get completed (probably still a year away to completion), I would really like to create the ultimate D&D table someday. I've read a few articles here and there on them but soon I will get real serious about it!

Anyways, thanks for yoru comments!

Remove ads