• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GPU Failures Sword Coast Legends

Cody C. Lewis

First Post
I have two SLI'd 980's and for some reason my second card is failing when and only when I am playing SCL.

I have just started trying to diagnose; however I have had 3 failures now and I have been unable to get any more failures when doing anything else. I couldn't even get my temps up with Far Cry 3 on ultimate 8x AA on my triple monitor setup @ ~70fps (144 monitors).

No, I am not a super expert with GPU's. But so far the only common denominator with the failures is SCL.

Has anyone else been having GPU issues?

Game ran fine during the head start.

psimon85

First Post
I have two SLI'd 980's and for some reason my second card is failing when and only when I am playing SCL.

I have just started trying to diagnose; however I have had 3 failures now and I have been unable to get any more failures when doing anything else. I couldn't even get my temps up with Far Cry 3 on ultimate 8x AA on my triple monitor setup @ ~70fps (144 monitors).

No, I am not a super expert with GPU's. But so far the only common denominator with the failures is SCL.

Has anyone else been having GPU issues?

Game ran fine during the head start.
Yeah the game isn't optimised for one Gpu let alone two! It doesn't even natively support full screen 1920x1080 on a dual screen display.
So good luck getting it to run with 2 GPU's

Gnashtooth

First Post
It crashes my display driver repeatedly, yeah. If I'm playing when this happens, it crashes the program. Apparently the programmers are still working on it.

psimon85

First Post
It crashes my display driver repeatedly, yeah. If I'm playing when this happens, it crashes the program. Apparently the programmers are still working on it.
Yeah so many issues with everything in the game atm. Graphic issues, driver issues, resource issues (my brand new pc struggles to do anything whilst alt tabbed with the game running) connection issues, sound issues, save issues.....the list goes on.

Gnashtooth

First Post
They now have an open ticket with AMD. As far as I can tell, this affects all Radeon cards, but it seems like nVidia users are having the same issues as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads