• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gran March Adventure (OOC)

Trollbabe

First Post
Gran March Adventure
There seems to be alot of people interested in playing a straight forward Core D&D Game. SO I thought I would volunteer and DM a Greyhawk Adventure for 1st level characters in the Gran March region.

So I am looking for 4, 1st level player characters.

Overview
Caravans move from Buxton's Crossing to Orlane daily. The road between these two towns runs through The Dim Forest with a lay over at Fort Endurance. Finding work as caravan guards is easy and it earns a few gold lions for yourself. But are the rumours of goblin raiders in the forest true? Are they massing in greater numbers? Will your caravan reach Orlane?

Resources Material:
Players Handbook v3.5
Dungeon Masters Guide v3.5
Monster Manual v3.5

Submit complete Character Sheets here in this thread. Characters should have a simple concept and description. I'll pick four and we will be off to the races.

• Roll your own stats using 4d6 dropping the lowest die
  • MAX Hit Points
  • MAX Starting Gold

House Rules:
We will not be using a battlemap, or a grid or any similar tools. Any maps you make will be your own and will be your responsibility. If a description is unclear on my part, ask me to clarify and I'll gladly do so.

We will be using almost no Attacks of Opportunity, other than moving through an enemy's space or casting spells within melee range.

Initiative order is based on how fast you post: By the time I return to the post to add the enemy's action during combat, anyone who posted will be going first and in the order that they posted. If you didn't get there before me (and I will be allowing a few hours between combat posts, except when everyone has already posted), then your action will take place after the enemy's. This isn't intended to penalize people who get busy in their offline lives, but it's to encourage people to check regularly. Empty placeholder posts don't count as posts, although posts consisting of readying an action do.

I will do all the rolling and post successes and failures, along with a running damage tally.

Posting:
I'm looking for everyone to post at least once a day on weekdays and to try and post at least once every weekend and at least every other day during the thick of the holidays.

If you want to use colored dialogue for your character, as per ENWorld convention, please make sure it reads clearly on a dark background. This isn't a paper for English class, but use whole words in all posts.

Submissions thus far:
Verran Stonethrower, Halfling Rogue
Narayan Singh, Half-Orc Barbarian
Thrang Hymnir, Gnome Sorcerer
Rowan, Halfling Druid
Laravier McDonnell, Human Fighter

IN CHARACTER THREAD

Last edited:

Zoycitenega

First Post
I would like to play a halfling rogue, or as she likes to be called, skilled entrepeneuer. I can make that post requirement easily, most of the time, though there are four days this august I may have trouble(family vacation).

Verran Stonethrower

Last edited:

Cyincal Lurker

First Post
Narayan Singh is a simple man with simple needs. He likes to drink, to eat and to fight, and is rather good at doing so. He's not so good at other things, but since he doesn't like other things much, it seldom bothers him.

He's crude, but a generaly cheerfull fellow, which is a good thing, because he's remarkably violent when angry.

Narayan Singh (CN)

Half-Orc (medium humanoid)
Barbarian 1

HP: 14 [+2]
Initative: +3
Speed: 40'
AC: 16 [-2] (+3 dex, +3 Studded Leather); touch 13; flat 13
BaB: +3 [+2]; Grapple: +3 [+2]
Attack: melee +4 [+2] Greataxe (1d12+3[+3], x3) or ranged +4 shortbow (1d6, x3) or melee +3 [+2] Dagger (1d4+2 [+2], 19-20/x2)
Special: Darkvision 60', Orc Blood, Rage 1/day (7 rounds)
Saves: Fort +4 [+2], Ref +3, Will +1 [+2]
Abilities: Str 15 [+4], Dex 16, Con 15 [+4], Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Climb +6 (-1) [+2], Intimidate +0, Jump +6 (-1) [+2], Survival +5
Feats: Weapon Focus (Greataxe)
Gear: Backpack (Waterskin, rations x1, bedroll, sack, flint & steel). Quiver (20 arrows), 8 gold

Arkhandus

First Post
I'd like to join in, with a Gnome Sorcerer by the name of Thrang Hymnir. I'll fill in this post with a full character sheet when I have all the main details worked out.

industrygothica

Adventurer
A couple of my games seem to have fallen by the wayside and this one sounds like fun, so I'll throw my hat in as well. I prefer low-level games, so this is right up my alley.

I created this character for another game that fell through, and have updated her to meet your requirements. I've yet to purchase any equipment, but will do so upon approval. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Stats are here. I didn't think to put a name before I rolled the stats, but I'll be more than happy to re-roll them with her name for verification if you'd like.

[sblock=Rowan of Welkwood]
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]       Rowan
[b]Class:[/b]      Druid 1
[b]Race:[/b]       Halfling
[b]Size:[/b]       Small
[b]Gender:[/b]     Female
[b]Alignment:[/b]  Neutral
[b]Deity:[/b]      

[b]Str:[/b] 11 +0  (2p.)     [b]Level:[/b]    1     [b]XP:[/b] 
[b]Dex:[/b] 18 +4  (8p.)     [b]BAB:[/b]     +0     [b]HP:[/b] 8 (1d8+0)
[b]Con:[/b] 11 +0  (2p.)     [b]Grapple:[/b] -4
[b]Int:[/b] 08 -1  (4p.)     [b]Speed:[/b]   20'
[b]Wis:[/b] 16 +3 (10p.)     [b]Init:[/b]    +4
[b]Cha:[/b] 09 -1  (2p.)

[b]		Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc[/b]
[b]Armor:[/b]18	10	+3		+4	+1
[b]Touch:[/b]15
[b]Flat:[/b]15

[b]                      Base   Mod  Misc[/b]
[b]Fort:[/b]  +4              +3     +0    1 (luck)
[b]Ref:[/b]   +6              +1     +4    1 (luck)
[b]Will:[/b]  +7              +3     +3    1 (luck)

[b]Weapon:                     Attack   Damage     Crit[/b]
Scimitar                          +1       1d4      20/x2
Club                              +1       1d4      20/x2
Sling                             +6       1d3      20/x2   

[b]Languages:[/b] Common, Halfling, Druidic

[b]Abilities:[/b]
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy

[b]Feats:[/b]
Alertness (+2 to Spot and Listen checks)

[b]Skills				Ranks	Mod	Misc[/b]
Climb			+2	0	0	+2 (Racial bonus)
Handle Animal           +0	1	-1	+0
Jump			-4	0	0	-4 (+2 Racial bonus, -6 speed penalty)
Knowledge (Nature)	+5	4	-1	+2 (+2 Nature Sense)
Listen			+9	1	+3	+4 (+2 Racial bonus, +2 Alertness feat)
Spot			+7	2	+3	+2 (+2 Alertness feat)
Survival		+9	4	+3	+2 (+2 Nature Sense)

[b]Equipment[/b]
Scimitar     2lb
Club        1.5lb
Sling
-bullets (20)  5lb
Sack
Silk rope (50 ft.)
Waterskin

[sblock=Spells]3/1
0-Cure minor wounds, Guidance, Light; 1-Cure light wounds, Entangle
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Unnatural screams rang out through the Welkwood, attracting the attention of its various inhabitants, including that of the druid Torin, who was already old by that point.

Led by Vesta, his wolf companion, Torin quickly came upon a devastating site.
A small caravan of halfings had been ambushed and slaughtered on the narrow trail, their little bodies strewn about the brush like garbage, their wagons completely destroyed. And it was underneath the rubble of one of those wagons where Vesta began to frantically scratch and claw at the dirt and rock.

Torin attempted to move the wagon, or what was left of it, himself, but his frail human body had betrayed him yet again. As the screams below began to resign, Torin loosed a frantic growl as his body took a new shape--a shape he hadn't seen in a long, long time.

As the huge bear lifted the ruined wagon, Vesta quickly drug the halfling child to safety.

#​

He called her Rowan, and she spent her earliest memories being taught the ways of the druid, to respect both the beauty and the power of nature. Torin would often find her hiding in a secluded spot simply observing nature, watching the animals as they roamed and fed, and gave her a nickname, The Watcher of Welkwood.

Now, years later, Torin having lived longer than any human ought, the Watcher of Welkwood has given her human father back to the earth. And she would take that name, and Torin's legacy--along with Tiki, her own wolf companion (who is directly descended from Vesta, who also passed on of old age when Rowan was a child)--and explore the world for what it's worth, gaining whatever knowledge she can. And she would watch...
[/sblock]
[sblock=Tiki, wolf animal companion]
Code:
[b]TIKI[/b]
Female wolf
N Medium animal
[b]Init[/b] +2; [b]Senses[/b] low-light vision, scent; Spot +3, Listen +3

[b]AC[/b] 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12
[b]hp[/b] 13 (2d8+4)
[b]Fort[/b] +5 [b]Ref[/b] +5 [b]Will[/b] +1

[b]Spd[/b] 50 ft. (10 squares)
[b]Melee[/b] bite +3(1d6+1)
[b]Space[/b] 5 ft. Reach 5 ft.

[b]Base Atk[/b] +1; [b]Grp[/b] +2
[b]Atk Options[/b] trip

[b]Tricks[/b] attack, defend, down, fetch, heel, seek, track

[b]Abilities[/b] Str 13, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
[b]Feats[/b] Track, Weapon focus (bite)
[b]Skills[/b] Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1 (+4 when 
tracking by scent)
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Laravier McDonnell, Fighter 1, Hp: 12/12

I'll throw my hat into the ring. I've been wanting to play an archer that didn't fall into the typical ranger build -- someone who sees himself as a woodsman, but never had the type of connection that a ranger did. He is somewhat jealous of rangers, but would never admit that.

Laravier has latched onto the caravan to raise money for him to make himself his own composite longbow. (He has ranks in craft (bowmaking) and is trying to make his own weapon)

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Laravier McDonnell
[B]Class:[/B] Fighter 1	
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] M
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] LN
[B]Deity:[/B]  

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)	[B]Level:[/B] 1	[B]XP[/B]: 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 17 +3 (10p.)	[B]BAB:[/B] +1		[B]HP:[/B] 12 (1d10+2)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)	[B]Grapple:[/B] +3	
[B]Int:[/B] 12 +1 (3p.)	[B]Speed:[/B] 30'	[B]Stat Increases:[/b]
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 -- (2p.)	[B]Init:[/B] +3	[B]Spell Save:[/B] 
[B]Cha:[/B]  9 -1 (1p.)	[B]ACP:[/B] -1		[B]Spell Fail:[/B] N/A

[B]	Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc	Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]	10	+3	+0	+3	+0	+0	+0	16
[B]Touch:[/B]	13	[B]Flatfooted:[/B] 13

[B]Spell Res:[/B] None
[B]Dmg Red:[/B] None

[B]	Total	Base	Mod	Misc[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]	+4	+2	+2	--
[B]Ref:[/B]	+3	+0	+3	--
[B]Will:[/B]	+0	+0	--	--
[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Weapon			Attack	Damage	Critical	Range[/B]
Longbow  		+4	1d8+0	20/x3      	100'
Shortsword		+3	1d6+2	19-20/x2 	--- ft
Dagger    		+3	1d4+2	19-20/x2 	--- ft
[B]Notes:[/B] +1 to hit and damage within 30', Rapid Shot = +2/+2 full attack

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Sylvan

[B]Abilities:[/B] 

Human Traits:
Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size. 
Human base land speed is 30 feet. 
1 extra feat at 1st level. 
4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level. 

[B]Feats: [/B] Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot (Bonus - Human), Rapid Shot (Bonus - Fighter)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 16	[B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills		Total	Ranks	Mod 	Misc[/B]
Appraise  	+1	0	+1	--
Balance   	+3	0	+3	--
Bluff       	-1	0	-1	--
Climb      	+4	2	+2	--
Concentration  	+3	0	+3	--
Craft (Bow)   	+5	4	+1	--
Diplomacy	-1	0	-1	--
Disguise   	-1	0	-1	--
Escape Artist	+3	0	+3	--
Forgery   	+1	0	+1	--
Gather Info     -1	0	-1	--
Handle Animal 	+1	2	-1	--
Hide        	+3	0	+3	--
Intimidate	-1	0	-1	--
Jump       	+2	0	+2	--
Know: (Nature)  +2	2	+1	--
Know: (Religion)+2	2	+1	--
Listen     	+0	0	--	--
Move Silently	+3	0	+3	--
Perform   	+0	0	--	--
Ride        	+4	1	+3	--
Search    	+1	0	+1	--
Sense Motive	+0	0	--	--
Sleight of Hand +3	0	+3	--
Spellcraft  	+1	0	+1	--
Spot       	+0	0	--	--
Swim       	+3	1	+2	--
Tumble    	+4	2	+3	--
Use Magic Device-1      0	-1	--
Use Rope 	+3	0	+3	--
[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Equipment:		Cost	Weight[/B]
Longbow  		75gp	3lb
80 Arrows		4gp	12lb
Shortsword		10gp	2lb
Dagger    		2gp	1lb
Studded Leather		25gp	20lb
Backpack 		2gp	2lb
Artisan's Tools		5gp	5lb
50' Silk Rope		10gp	5lb
Grappling Hook 		1gp	4lb
Flint and Steel		1gp	--lb
Waterskin		1gp	4lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]58lb	[B]Money:[/B] 64gp 0sp 0cp

[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]	58	116	175	350	825

[B]Age:[/B] 23
[B]Height:[/B] 5'10"
[B]Weight:[/B] 175
[B]Eyes:[/B] Brown
[B]Hair:[/B] Brown
[B]Skin:[/B] Pale

Appearance: Average build with average features. From first glance, Laravier does not look more than a common laborer - rough hands, dirty clothes (usually), and an unkept appearance.

Personality: Laravier has always fancied himself to be a woodsman, with a healthy indulgence of city life. Not one to trapse around the wood for extended periods of time, without a stop back into town for a pint at the pub. He has a keen eye for archery. Somewhat jovial, but after a few pints can be somewhat of a hooligan. Even though he spent a great deal of his time in the woods and practicing archery, he never felt the calling of the ranger, he preferred to spend his time whittling or carving wood. He's become quite good at it, with the making of bows his specialty.

Background:

[Sblock=Logs]
XP log:
XXXX from

Notes:
XXXX

[sblock=Advancement]
L## -> CLASS ## HP: +## (HD+CON+OTHER) SP: +## (CLASS+INT+OTHER) PP: +## (Class+ATB+Other) [Left out when not needed, also could simply be a new total instead of a bonus]
SKILL +RANKS, SKILL +RANKS
Feat: FEAT(s)
Spells Known: SPELL
Powers Known: POWER
Other: OTHER NOTES
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
industrygothica said:
Name: Rowan
Race: Halfling

You stealing my ideas IG? Rowan is the name of my halfling wizard in one of my PBP games here! :D

This game looks like fun. Wish I had more time on my hands right now to join. Have fun guys!

Trollbabe

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
What more do you want? Background, story, etc?
What you have is fine for this game. We are just aiming to keep it straight forward in nature. Thanks everyone for the submissions thus far.

Trollbabe

First Post
Arkhandus said:
I'd like to join in, with a Gnome Sorcerer by the name of Thrang Hymnir. I'll fill in this post with a full character sheet when I have all the main details worked out.
Ark if you can post the stats for Thrang we can close submissions and begin with the 5 we have here. Assuming that sounds good with everyone else.

Remove ads