D&D 5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC

eayres33

Explorer
Ander’s vision had cleared and his head wasn’t spinning anymore but not much was making sense. “Sigil, the city of doors and the gateway to stars,” it seemed liked it should be something he knew but he couldn’t place it.

Looking at the other man talking to him Ander nodded his head, “In the cage berk, okay?” Ander tried to make some sense of what was going on, he failed to conceal the confusion on his face. He wasn’t quite sure what the deadbook was but it didn’t seem good. “No that’s okay I’ll hang on to the mace for a while."

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau squeezes his eyes shut and pinches at the bridge of his nose still, mumbling quietly to himself. "Oh for the grasses of plains, follow the golden waves home..." At least he can keep a tune, soft as it is. Then a deep breath and he drops his hands, rolling his haunches a little to be sure of his pack.
"Mace? I haven't seen any weapons here."
Persuasion: 6 (And Jesus Tapdancing Christ, it really isn't just my dice. Or Roll20. Or...)
A hand tucks under his cloak, probably to check his pouches, but when it returns it's with a flick that sends a silver piece arching the collector's way. "Hear where the babbler's been around? Any clue what one o' them would want with answers, anyway?"

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Collector talking to Ander
He takes the comment about the mace in stride. "Na, ya got it wrong" He says first pointing to you "Yer a Berk." Then motioning to your surroundings"This is th' Cage, center o' the whole o' e'er thin."

Rig talking to Leau -
Rig grabs the coin and pockets it eagerly glancing quickly like a child given candy, hoping noone caught it. "Don' remember a name, human basher. Hit first ask la'er type. Askin round bout whas happin ta all ther Barmies. They like the Chaos in their heads."
OOC: Leau gets the impression he's not telling you everything he knows but (at least with your passive score) doesn't seem to be dishonest.

mike peabody

First Post
"Leau, would it not be serendipitous if this person to whom they refer was, in fact, the same individual we are seeking?"

*Stares at Leau*

"That was not a rhetorical question. I did not mean to make it sound that way."

*Turns to Ander*

"It pains me to say it but, at present, I take you to have less than an 8% chance of survival unless you come with us. Your current lagged condition, diminished reaction time, unfamiliarity with your surroundings and its inhabitants, would be problematic in any situation but when combined with having first come through a portal into the Hive, I am concerned that you will not be safe without some number of trustworthy companions. You and your mace seem very nice and I do not want any harm to come to you. Would you like to live, even if the odds are only marginally more in your favor? I just have a very good feeling about it."

eayres33

Explorer
Ander looked back at the box as it talked to him, “I can’t argue with your logic there, I am very much lost at the moment and I need someone/thing that knows the lay of the land. I’ll come with you for a while at least my little friend.”

blaststeel

Explorer
Ashir looks at Ezra and then looks at Leau and then at the over talkative shipping crate. Ashir think a little and wonders why he never seen such optimistic outlook. "You arrr confused all right but hey, more the merrier." Ashir shrugs his shoulders. The ragpickers he still expecting a bit a trouble from the one who tore out the tooth or the other two. "Shall we wander to someplace else within this cage?" Ashir tries to figure the direction worth heading based on the humming in his head and which direction Ander and the others are going.
He grins at the confused Ander that he still does not trust with the mace but figures if Leau or the others are going to lead him somewhere why not follow a couple steps behind and make sure the ragpickers dont shank anybody. Or that the mace doesn't end up smacking him in a loony swing.
""Well if your so good with the odds we really should fine a gaming house and try a bit of luck. It a good a place in this cage as any."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Sigil

Nameless collector to Ander Remember, if yer gon a die, do it roun here, thas a nice mace. Least don't go diein near o' tha shattered temple. Place give me tha chills." he says with a bit of light hearted... humor... in his voice before returning to his "friends"

Tom to his crew "Well, lets get this done bef'r he attracts rats or starts to stink." The collectors pick threw the mans meager belongings and get ready to carry him off without much more talk unless someone addresses them directly.

Anders wits coming back to him as the whole experience is quite sobering. Everything is dirty, the buildings around him tower high, nothing seems to only have one level, and all seem to be made of stone and iron, not a wooden post or beam to be seen. Strange vicious looking vines dig into the buildings on their climb up the buildings to roofs that seem to have blades protruding from them though you can't make out if it is for defense or decoration and the whole place seems to slowly curve around you.
[sblock=Sigil Imagery]Just to help get an idea of what the place looks and feels like.
72fd6c5cbeee3d574bba492e1ccb4422.jpg

0661e5b7d0c68f9bc025319edfa6984c.jpg

d649c707b98434f10b322d60654a6c7b.jpg
[/sblock]

Ashir - As you look around the "humming" in your head seems almost to be pulling you to the other side of the city, some place in the Market Ward you would guess. You think for a moment and know that it's a good 10 miles in either direction. Ezra seems almost lost in his own world until you make eye contact with him and he seems to snap out of it and give you a look that combined with his body language tells you that he doesn't feel safe here, he's on guard, and he's hoping he made a good choice in picking you to have his back.

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau's keeping his eyes peeled, glancing back and forth between the pickers and the ways leading to them. This is hardly the best part of an unsettling day for him. "Wasn't sure who we were supposed to be looking for, but that sounds like a lead." He's staying out of the scavengers' way. Hardly the way he had heard about any encounters like that ending up, but as long as they'd dedicated to their work, he's willing to let them have at it. "So... do you guys drag him off for a burial or something, or is that some other cutter's job?"

He soon arches his neck to look over and begin inching toward Lex and Anders' way, hooves quiet. "Well... hi. I'm Leau, from out of town. You met Lex. I think everyone in this town that wasn't trying to sell me something or eyeing my pack is here, and not all bad sorts. So. Unknown quantities away from unknown evils, right?"

He looks Anders up and down. "I also know a few good things for a hangover. Some swear by ones I haven't been able to try."

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: The impression that you get from the collectors is that they would happily take everything you own and sell it but that they are more wary of you than you are of them. They are very much accustom to being the prey not the predator and eager to take what they can get but not wanting to risk more than needed. Think of them like crows around roadkill on the interstate.

Tom - "We'll take 'im ta the Mortuary. Since hes a barmy they proby jus burn the body."
Rig "I hear they gots a portal ta the plane o fire."

mike peabody

First Post
*To Rig*

"If you would like to have more money, I would have to ask you more about the individual asking after these deaths and disappearances. If you know their whereabouts and will either tell us or guide us to that location, I am happy to entertain a cash price of your choosing. Or I can play you a jaunty tune on my accordion as we go along."

Remove ads