5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC

Greenmtn

Explorer
Morning Day 2

"Hey, everyone, our guest is awake." Are the words that you hear from Leau as you open your eyes and see a bruised and defeated looking Half Elf sitting on the floor of the abandoned building Lazaka calls his Kip. A cool breeze blows a smoke through a broken window, the smell of molten metal fills your nostrils and reminds you of a blacksmiths forge.

The "guest" is still tied up and gagged, his head slowly moving around seemingly looking for a way out.

Lazaka is no where to be seen at this moment. The only other living thing in the room, a single rat peering out of a hole in the base of a wall.
[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6923286]mike peabody[/MENTION] [MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION] [MENTION=6924292]Deus Machina[/MENTION]
 

Fradak

Explorer
Khefren goes to Shadowknave and sunddenly pulls his hairs to tilt his head on the side. "Hi there! Guys, looks like our guest is already awake."
What? What are you saying? I can't hear you Shadowpunk. I think your voice need more PUNCH!"
as he punches him in the stomach.

Then testing the point of the dagger with his finger, "Very nice dagger you had here... Whoow, sharp..."

Khefren is already playing the mad dog here, waiting for anyone to hold him back in order to engage the conversation with Shadowknave.


OOC: If you are ok, we undressed Shadowknave completely.
 
Last edited:
OOC: I am not sure if I got it right... the half-elf IS Shadowknave, correct? It's not that there are 2 people tied up and wounded?
 

mike peabody

Villager
"Mr. Shadowknave, I am Lex and these are my dates. The one who has stripped you and is currently engaged in violence against your person is called Khefren. He has a history of physical aggression, impulsive action, and extreme sassiness, as you have by now learned. Also with us are Leau and Sir Reginald. I have reason to assume they do not like you.

We have your clothing, weaponry, and novelty spellbook. They are now our belongings. This is non-negotiable.

We have determined that, essentially, you are in costume and probably hiring your help under false pretenses. It would follow that they would not enjoy learning you misrepresented yourself to them but it is not a given that they will learn as much. Judging by the haste with which you attempted to leave the scene of the attack and discard the body, you have something in your life which affords you little laxity in your schedule. Maybe you are late in feeding your cats. We, on the other hand, have no obligations which will steer our action towards a speedy end. Your time with us is largely under our control but, and though I cannot speak for my dates, I predict with 68% certainty that we will proceed towards your release if we receive total compliance in our inquiry.

I should warn you that I have a fairly denuded sense of ethics but a strong aptitude for anatomy and detection of falsehoods.

Also, a winning smile!"

*Winning smile holds for at least six minutes with no looking away or noticeable breathing*
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Interigating Shadowknave

Shadowknave grunts in pain as Khefren punches him in the stomach. He lowers his head in defeat for a moment before he hears the Modrons voice and looks pleadingly at the others in the room.

He seems entirely defeated and concerned about getting out of this alive.

@Fradak @mike peabody @Li Shenron @Deus Machina
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Talking with Shadowknave

Shadowknave struggles to talk against the rope gagging him before Lex removes it so the questions can be answered.
Shadowknave moves his jaw a bit before speaking, seemingly to loosen it back up. The look on his face also shows that he momentarily weights his options. He sighs and begins to speak.

"Writing a barmy in the deadbook for the Dusties. We find them, do the job and leave them to be found by collectors. Might not be an honest living but it keeps the belly full and no one misses them." He says in a matter of fact tone.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
"If that will be all... You can untie me and I will be on my way. Unless of course you good people would like to untie me and continue this conversation. I could use a drink..."


[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6923286]mike peabody[/MENTION] [MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION] [MENTION=6924292]Deus Machina[/MENTION]
 

Deus Machina

Villager
Leau scoots himself between Shadowknave and Khefren, not particularly playing the 'good cop' but using his hindbody as a moderate obstacle. "And who pays you to do that, then?" Lifting an eyebrow, he leans to his pack to toss his waterskin and one of his rations, wrapped in waxed paper, in the half-elf's lap. "You'll forgive me if I don't move yet. I may still have a bit of a headache."
 
OOC: Sorry about my slowness and ignorance of Planescape... what is the typical Harmoniums' opinion on Dustmen and their business? Are they enemies?
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: No worries.
For the most part it is up to you. The Harmonium are the Police of the Cage (Sigil). The Dustmen aren't part of the legal system in Sigil and normally, at least on a faction wide basis, don't start too much trouble. The "official stance" of the Harmonium on them is that they are kinda creepy and morbid but as long as they don't break the law they are fine.
 
Sir Reginald tries to assume a somewhat understanding and paternalistic tone, while adding up to Leau's question: "Surely, none of us wants this conversation to be either too long or unpleasant... but are we to believe that really the target of your 'job' was just a random barmy?"

In case it's needed, here's a couple of rolls for questioning and sensing the truthfulness of the answers:

Sir Reginald
2018-07-02 13:30:46
1d20+4;1d20+4
1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Charisma (Persuasion); Wisdom (Insight)
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Talking with Shadowknave

Shadowknave looks down, no longer maintaining eye contact with Reginald.

"No, that wasn't the only deader. The Dusties don't care who, long as the collectors stay busy."
 
Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Interigating Shadowknave

Shadowknave looks confused. "I... I don't know. I was told they had raised it."

He thinks for a moment then anger flashes across his face. "This is a setup isn't it. Who sent you to kill me? Give me that much before you pen me in the deadbook, it was that thing of no bowels Toranna wasn't it!?" (Those from Sigil or who have been here long enough recognize the term thing of no bowels as a pretty strong insult)

[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6923286]mike peabody[/MENTION] [MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION] [MENTION=6924292]Deus Machina[/MENTION]
 

mike peabody

Villager
"We have met Toranna and though she impressed us with her sense of humour, it was evident she was withholding information. I don't understand why you think you are valuable enough for her to dupe and assasinate you but, clearly, you are also not being frank with us. Please do not require that I abandon my position in this interrogation and leave your wellbeing in the care of any of these other people you almost had killed. Do the names 'Modrigaarz' or 'Eliath' hold any meaning for you?"
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
"I wouldn't expect a Box to understand. I'm not that important, just a loose end as soon as she finds what or who she needs. I should have known better."

"Modrigaarz... Is that the Basher everyone is talking about? Roughing up hivers and asking questions? As for the other one, Eliath you say? I've heard of him. But how do I know you aren't going to just pen me in the deadbook soon as I give you your answers. I'll tell you what. This one doesn't look crooked."
He motions to Sir Reginald.
"I recognize that emblem. Give me your word, no make a vow. That you will personally make sure that I leave here safely," He looks at his naked body with a bit of shame and frustration. "With my things. Then I'll answer your questions."


[MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6923286]mike peabody[/MENTION] [MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION] [MENTION=6924292]Deus Machina[/MENTION]
 
Sir Reginald takes a chair and sits down, then calmly takes out a small old pipe and takes a puff from it, except he forgets to light it up. "No need to get hot blooded here, we don't just pen people here, all we are interested in is setting things straight. We ask you questions, you give us answers. As for my word, I think my emblem speaks for me already, doesn't it?"
 

Advertisement

Top