Greyhawk: The Golden Era CY 963: EPIC CAMPAIGN - Campaign Logs + RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
A look of concern comes across Delbin's face. He looks at Luis: Where did you come from and where is Feridan? Come with us and you can tell us all about what has happened. We're headed off to discern what we can about this book and Fandekar's wizard robes. Delbin waits to see whether Luis is going to step through the portal, intending to be the last one through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luis

First Post
Luis replies, "I came from the fort..Feridan sent me ahead...he stayed behind to heal and to try an contact Nimbar...we lost the Drow priestess."

Luis quickly steps through the portal.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Jynx said:
Finding a rock, log, or even a bush to climb up on, Jynx get's as high a perch as he can immediately find, taking a few moments to see and hear and smell whatever he can about the area, starting with North and moving counter clockwise in quarter sections.
~gotta be a bar here somewhere, come on, come... on....~

Jynx leaps up onto the top of a large boulder; to the North, probably about two miles distant, is the edge of what looks to be a huge, dense forest. To the West, the forest meets a mountain range, covering it completely. To the South, you see more plains and tall grass, and what looks to a small creek, about a mile or so distant. To the East, the plains rise, and on the top of a gentle hill, you spy a campsite, composed of several tents, and from somewhere in the camp, a single line of smoke rises, from a lone campfire. When the wind hits your nose, you smell the aroma of cooking meat.

Pondren turns to you, and says, "Want to fly?" with a mischievous grin on his face. Then he looks to Luis, and says the same: "How about you, sword breaker?"

[Jynx, Luis: What Do You Do?]

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Dengar Steps Through With Delbin

~ Portals. The only way to travel. ~

"Come on Delbin, let's be on about this before the others get too far ahead!"

Dengar whispers an earnest but playful prayer to Rudd, holds his breath, and steps through, nudging Delbin through the gateway along with him.

He speaks to Delbin conversationally as he is stepping through, "I want to become better at using these one word command spells. Woe be unto the unwise or the wicked if Rudd is wiling to provide me with more of these. If not, maybe I can learn to be a Wizard?" He smiles and winks at Delbin.

Nezkrul

First Post
Jynx sniffs the air, almost tasting the aroma of cooking meat.

"You go ahead, I prefer standing on solid ground..." as Jynx starts dashing toward the hill at a full run.

Jynx shouts back, "Last one there gets to eat rations instead of venison!"

~hope its venison, haven't had some in a long time. mmmmmm~

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Delbin steps through the portal and follows the others towards the encampment to the east... Delbin looks at Dengar nods his head and with a sly grin says... "You should become a wizard...anyone can do it".

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Grass Is Always Greener...

Jynx said:
Jynx starts dashing toward the hill at a full run. Jynx shouts back, "Last one there gets to eat rations instead of venison!"

GM: Jynx: It will take you 2 rounds to reach the top of the hill.

As Jynx starts running, the portal that Delbin opened winks out of existence. Pondren raises his hands, speaks a command word ("Berok") and takes flight.

GM: It will take Pondren 5 rounds to reach the top of the hill; base fly speed = 60, he is hasted, so moves 3 times per round (double move + haste action), total = 180 ft. per round.

[Delbin, Dengar, Luis: What do you do?]

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
An Unexpected Greeting

As Jynx is about half way to the hill of his destination, a single figure is is suddenly noticed, standing a few paces away, directly in his path.

The figure's white hair and open deep-blue robe both blowing in the wind as if he had been standing there the whole time, though Jynx is certain he was not. He is absolutely certain he could not have missed noticing the figure. The figure is holding a double-ended, spear-like weapon in his right hand, though it is vertical, poking into the ground, and not held at the ready. The figure's left hand is extending forward in seeming gesture not malice. He speaks calmly but the voice carries.

"Slow down there, Jynx. Rushing headlong into uncertainty is not the best of ideas, here."

OOC: Only one round should have passed.

Nezkrul

First Post
GM: Jynx, you have known Sphynx for years. He has always come and gone in an enigmatic fashion, confounding at times, even the "normal" laws of magic. Thus, the fact that you didn't see him when you started running comes as no surprise to you. Only Sphynx can do things like this. You smile inwardly, knowing that it is truly him, because he's a really tough act to follow. Besides that, if you remember correctly, it was Sphynx who created this alternate Prime, using the forgotten art of the old ways; some people call it "True Magic," while others prefer "Source," and still others, "Epic Magic." But whatever you call it, Sphynx was using it to carve out his own path, long before the most powerful Wizards known to history were even born.

Jynx remembers his old friend and ally, but chuckles at the remark of rushing into the unknown. As that is a bit of an oxymoron on Sphynx's plane, because everywhere is unknown unless you can read the mind of the Sphynx, Jynx continues running right past Sphynx...and high five's his outstretched hand on the way past.

"Just because you can bamph around in here doesn't mean I won't try to beat you too, old friend!" smiling, as he runs by.

~if you can hear this, Sphynx, it better be venison when I get there.~

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Delbin casts limited wish in order to duplicate haste, luckily he also finds a feather on the ground, enabling him to cast fly. He flies up the hill as quickly as possible, while carrying the book and wizard's robes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads