Greyhawk: The Golden Era CY 963: EPIC CAMPAIGN - Campaign Logs + RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx looks around at the work he's done so far and move away from the debris that he has been collecting. It looks as though he is starting a dance step then flicks his left hand throwing something to the floor. The object does not bounce; instead, a portal appears where it hit.

Shpynx -
"I will return. I have some supplies to gather. This portal is only usable by me, so there is no danger of it remaining open."

Sphynx returns, having been gone seemingly momentarily. The portal vanishes and he retrieves an object from the floor placing in a hidden pocket. He adds some more material to the gathering of supplies arrayed about the floor and sets back to work.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Prepping The Scroll...

GM:
3 days pass without incident. No wandering zombies, no demon recon squads, etc.
Sphynx finishes writing out the scroll, and then applies the paste.

2 hours drying time =

Murphy's Law Roll (Something bad on 1 on a 1d10):

1st hour: [5] Nothing happens.

2nd hour: [2] Nothing happens.

You're done. The scroll is ready. What now?

MacConnell

Sphynx announces to those in the room that all is ready. He opens the door to the room and whistles, also sending a mental pulse for Jynx and the others who are outside.

Sphynx -
"Once everyone has departed, I will read the scroll, using the delay I have included so that I, too, can depart before this plane is reset."

Nezkrul

First Post
Jynx offers to remain at Sphynx's side, in case the unthinkable should occur at the most inopportune moment.

MacConnell

Jynx offers to remain at Sphynx's side, in case the unthinkable should occur at the most inopportune moment.
Sphynx nods his head, requiring no time to consider.
Sphynx -
"That might not be a bad idea. I would hate to get interrupted. You are plenty quick and the delay should pose no effort to us at all in departing."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
One Last Task...

Pondren mentions the following: "Those of us who aren't staying should return to Oerth. We can use Fandekar's mirror to open a portal to Oerth, specifically, to the cave entrance where the Arch of Ages resides. We can step through now, and await Jynx and Sphynx's arrival. We'll know when the spell is complete, because the portal will disappear. Resetting the plane will destroy any structures that were pre-existing, including Fandekar's tower, and all of its contents. But again, as I have stated before, we should probably make use of a Commune spell, to see if there are any non-zombified plane inhabitants who need rescuing, prior to casting the spell."

Without waiting for a response, Pondren sits down, closes his eyes, and begins to cast the Commune spell. He pulls some incense from his pocket, along with a small, 1" diameter metal disk. He places the disk on the floor, and then places the incense on top of it. He then lights the incense using a minor cantrip, which allows the tip of his finger to momentarily become the wick of a lit candle. Once the incense is burning well, he begins to chant a song to Rudd. Everyone here is familiar with the spell, and allows him to chant undisturbed for 10 minutes. When the chanting stops, everyone hears him ask:

1. Oh mighty goddess, are there any sentient creatures on this plane who have not been affected by the positive energy zombification?

As expected, no one but Pondren hears the answer. But his responses are encouraging.

2. Are there more than 10 of these survivors?

3. Are there two or more of these survivors?

4. Is the lone survivor within 5 miles of the tower?

5. Is the lone survivor within 10 miles of the tower?

Pondren, eyes still closes, says "Aha. I see."

6. Is the lone survivor in or near the Stone Giant village?

7. Is the lone survivor a human or demihuman?

8. Is the lone survivor a Stone Giant?

9. Is the lone survivor hurt, sick, injured, or malnourished?

10. Is the lone survivor in eminent danger of attack?

11. Is the lone survivor hiding in the Stone Giant castle?

12. Is the lone survivor hiding in one of the houses of the Stone Giant village?

13. Is the house in the Northern section of the village?

14. Is the house in the Southern section of the village?

15. Is the house in the Eastern section of the village?

16. Is the house one level tall?

17. Is the lone survivor hurt or injured?

18. Is the lone survivor sick?

19. Is the lone survivor on the verge of starvation?

...After these questions have been asked, Pondren ends the spell and opens his eyes. "There is a lone survivor, a Stone Giant nobleman, who is locked up inside his two-story house in the Eastern section of the village. He is uninjured, and apparently, he is not in eminent danger of attack from the other giant zombies. They are probably unaware of his presence. However, he is low on food, and suffering from extreme hunger & undernourishment. He's probably scared out his mind as well. We should help this poor soul, I believe we could do so easily."

MacConnell

...After these questions have been asked, Pondren ends the spell and opens his eyes. "There is a lone survivor, a Stone Giant nobleman, who is locked up inside his two-story house in the Eastern section of the village. He is uninjured, and apparently, he is not in eminent danger of attack from the other giant zombies. They are probably unaware of his presence. However, he is low on food, and suffering from extreme hunger & undernourishment. He's probably scared out his mind as well. We should help this poor soul, I believe we could do so easily."
Sphynx -
I can port over and port back with him, but things are never that simple. I can transport a few of us over and see how it goes from there. I am finished with the reconfiguration of the original spell that created the plane, so I can begin to read the scroll at any time, when we are ready. What say you?

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Dengar Offers Aid

~ We need to gather our rosebuds...and that Stone Giant...before we depart ~

To Sphynx, "Good friend, I can port as well." Looking to the group, "We need to collect the stone giant, and we need to collect the valuables of this lab, by that I mean books and knowledge. This wayward wizard created a great many things over the years, and his stores of knowledge are certainly invaluable, save, perhaps this unhappy accident (motions about, meaning the world they currently inhabit). I believe we can effect his library and his unique laboratory odds and ends into a portable hole for movement out of here."

Dengar communes with Rudd as well, focusing on other questions, "Omnisicent Rudd, I am humbled to follow behind your servant Pondren. We share concern for the worthwhile and salvageable remnants of this plane. Please answer my questions as well and give your hand Dengar sufficient clairvoyance and clairaudience to see important missing pieces and unseen dangers."

Part I:
1) Are there more libraries such as this?
2) Are there locales on this plane with physical remnants that the universe couldn't suffer without?
3) Is there more in the tower that could be spirited away from here?
4) Are there remnants in the Stone Giant village that are important?
5) Will the trapped and hidden Stone Giant noble assist us in removing those treasures for him?
6) Is there danger lurking about that is not of this place?

OOC: will await answers and ask the remainder of the questions accordingly

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Answering Dengar's Questions

As you begin your Commune spell, a warm wave of peacefulness washes over you; it is the familiar presence in your mind of the voice of your goddess. While subordinate, lesser beings answer the questions of even high priests such as Pondren, it is Rudd herself who hears and answers your pleas.

[sblock=What Rudd Reveals To Dengar; Player Knowledge OK, Character Knowledge = Wait Until Dengar Relays The Info.]

Part I:

1) Are there more libraries such as this? No, my child.
2) Are there locales on this plane with physical remnants that the universe couldn't suffer without? No.
3) Is there more in the tower that could be spirited away from here? Yes.
4) Are there remnants in the Stone Giant village that are important? No.
5) Will the trapped and hidden Stone Giant noble assist us in removing those treasures for him? His mind is not right.
6) Is there danger lurking about that is not of this place? Always, My Child.

[/sblock]

GM:
I am now waiting for the rest of Dengar's questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads