[GUIDE] Born to be Wild, a sorcerer guide.

mellored

Legend
One big use for subtle at the tables I play is to prevent the casting from being noticed for Counterspell. That might be worth noting. (I agree with the blue color, just want to add another thought for people taking it.)

EDIT: BTW, kudos on finding a non-armored yet not skimpily dressed caster image.
Noted.

And your welcome.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
For multiclassing I'd actually suggest Warlock 3 over just 2. You get the cool Pact and now your Warlock slots are 2nd level, you get your Capstone feature too!

mellored

Legend
Ok done.
Let me know if you disagree with anything.

For multiclassing I'd actually suggest Warlock 3 over just 2. You get the cool Pact and now your Warlock slots are 2nd level, you get your Capstone feature too!
Ehh... Darkness + devils sight works better than greater invisibility. Though it can't be twinned. So it depends on the party.

Otherwise, you end up losing 3-4 SP for the sub-class feature.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Otherwise, you end up losing 3-4 SP for the sub-class feature.
Nonsense! Your maximum becomes 3 lower, but your actual SP increases by 3/6 versus pure Sorcerer (1 lower max, 2/4 higher compared to Warlock 2).

I'm... not sure where Greater Invisibility comes into it though? Unless you're on about the familiar.

mellored

Legend
Nonsense! Your maximum becomes 3 lower, but your actual SP increases by 3/6 versus pure Sorcerer (1 lower max, 2/4 higher compared to Warlock 2).
Warlock 3 gives you level 2 * 2 slots * 3 rests = 12 SP.
Sorcerer 20 gives you 3 more base, and an extra 5th, 6th, 7th slot = 21 SP. Plus the capstone for aother 12.

But I guess we are talking warlock 2 vs 3. So that's 1 extra level * 2 slots * 3 rests = 6SP.
Sorcerer 18 gives 1 more base, and 5th level slot = 6 SP.

Net is the same SP either way.
So it's down to spell bombardment (+0.55 damage per EB ray) vs some THP.

I'm... not sure where Greater Invisibility comes into it though? Unless you're on about the familiar.
For advantage. EB spam greatly benifits from it, and sorcerer's don't get foresight. Twinned Greater Invisibility helps both you, and an ally fighter/rogue/paladin/monk/ect...

Darkness + devils sight would be cheaper, but only work for you. It also requires warlock 3.
Generally, I favor party total over personal. Particularly since you're hiding behind them.

mellored

Legend
Cool, but there is actually a published version in the SCAG. If memory serves, the only difference is that a bonus-action cost has been added to one of the features.
Re-fixed.

A little better than the UA, with more mobility options and ally friendly burst, (it lost the bonus spells, but those wheren't much) but still has the same main issue of a squishy caster in melee range.

Remove ads