D&D 5E [GUIDE] The Sorlock – Guide to the tormented divine soul with Xanathar's Divine Soul(17)+Hexblade(3) [Updated 12/20/21]

gyor

Legend
True Resurrection has it's obvious use, but unless an allies body gets completely destroyed, it's usually over kill, when revify will usually get the job done for party, members.

But I figures out a clever use for True Resurrection and that is as a summoning spell for beings whose bodies have been destroyed.

Use History, Religion, Arcana skill to figure out the names of powerful good creatures who would like to be restored to life, but who never left a body, say Ancient Gold Dragons, a Solar who died on it's plane of existence, etc...

Then when in battle against the big bad, cast twinned True Resurrection and bring down two bad ass ancient monsters or beloved heroes back to life in the middle of your battle.

gyor

Legend
The Aid combo with Unearthly Recovery. The amount of damage Unearthly recovery heals is based on your maxim hit points, both Aid and Heroes Feast boost maxim HPs.

gyor

Legend
In XGTE is a spell called Temple if the Gods.

It creates a Temple dedicated to whatever the Holy Symbol used in the spell symbolizing, a God, Philosophy, Pantheon, something weirder whatever.

It's huge it says 120' feet on ever side, which ends up being 14,400 square feet of space. It's empty except for an altar or statue at the far end, but you control the appearance of the floors, walls, and ceiling, so you can shape the floor to provide benches, beds, ect...

No one you don't designate when casting the spell can open or close the door, any type of creature you choose from Fey, Fiends, Celestials, Elementals, Undead have to make Charisma check to enter and are penalized while in the Temple.

Divination spells and sensors do not work on those in the Temple.

Healing spells are boosted by Temples creator's Wisdom mod (should be spell casting stat imo).

Temple is immune to dispel and Antimagic Fields.

Its made out of opaque force (so it's like a giant Star Trek hologram) so it extends into the Ethereal Plane, when means Succubi can't sneak in from that direction.

It can be destroyed by a disengration spell.

Casting it everyday in the same spot for a year makes it permanent.

Still it makes a great religious fortress for a Divine Soul.

Not a combat spell, unless one is very creative in its use, but as far as none combat spells this rocks.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
Holy Weapon, 5th level spell, another spell for the Cleric (and Paladin) in XGTE.

Touch a weapon and it deals 2d8 radiant damage, but the caster can dismiss it early to create a blast of radiant damage to all enemies in an area.

This is cool enough, but I realized it could cast on seige weapons, like a catapult, for more fun.

Cast it on the fighters weapon, who does an action surge 2, rounds in a row 6 attacks deals 12d8 radiant damage, not including OA, which if the fighter is a Cavalier can be unlimited.

mellored

Legend
Holy Weapon, 5th level spell, another spell for the Cleric (and Paladin) in XGTE.

Touch a weapon and it deals 2d8 radiant damage, but the caster can dismiss it early to create a blast of radiant damage to all enemies in an area.

This is cool enough, but I realized it could cast on seige weapons, like a catapult, for more fun.

Cast it on the fighters weapon, who does an action surge 2, rounds in a row 6 attacks deals 12d8 radiant damage, not including OA, which if the fighter is a Cavalier can be unlimited.
Is it better than elemental weapon (which can also work on catapults).

Holy Weapon
60% * 3d8+5 =11.1 (+ending burst)
60% * 2d6+2d8+5 = 12.6
35% * 2d6+2d8+15 = 10.85
45% * 1d8+2d8+15 = 12.825

Elemental Weapon (level 5)
70% * 1d8+2d4+5 = 10.15
70% * 2d6+2d4+5 = 11.9
45% * 2d6+2d4+15 = 12.15
55% * 1d8+2d4+15 = 13.475

So Holy weapon is slightly better, unless your using great weapon master or sharp shooter. Then elemental weapons to-hit bonus helps more.

SaintRas

First Post
I really like this build, but your to-hit calculations for advantage are incorrect.
You write: "With advantage its (2d20/2)+11 your chance to hit AC20 is 66% for 106 aDPR"
It looks like you are taking the average of 2 d20's to account for advantage, but advantage lets you roll 2 d20 and take the higher number. An easy way to calculate your chance to hit with advantage is finding out what your chance to miss with both d20's is, and subtracting that from 1.
With the 60% to-hit on AC 20 with a +11 bonus, your chance to hit with advantage is actually 1-0.4^2 = 84%, much higher than the 66% you found. This probably makes Darkness much better than you give it credit for, especially if you start with 17 Dex (15+2 from Half-Elf), you can take the Elven Accuracy feat at level 6, bringing your Charisma to 18 and granting tri-vantage. Your chance to hit AC 20 with a +11 bonus and tri-vantage is 93.6%.

Also, under Concentration options you suggest Faerie Fire, how would you get access to that spell? Isn't it only available to Druids and Bards?

Obliza

Explorer
1-0.4^2 = 84%
1-0.4^3 = 93.6%

Damn! You are entirely correct! Given my study of mathematics this is rather embarrassing...Thankyou!

Also, under Concentration options you suggest Faerie Fire, how would you get access to that spell? Isn't it only available to Druids and Bards?

You are correct, I currently play a Half-Elf Drow. Drow get access Drow Magic gives you Dancing Lights, Faerie Fire and Darkness.

To me getting extra spells per long rest is huge as a sorcerer and Faerie Fire or otherwise known as single save group advantage is bonkers to me. The spell is amazing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases