• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I hope your friend gets better. I think I could have put this a better way. Despite continued complications, my cousin's husband did survive. Don't lose hope. Treatments are improving every day. Survivability is going up every day.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm here trying to be sentimental and you chuckle heads try ruin it. 🤬

That is the Hive on a nutshell. 😁
What do you expect from a gaming site? Dnd in a nutshell is "expecting x and the players do y". Messed me up so many times!

As goofy as it sounds, the more I prepare, the more I can do on the fly stuff. If I have nothing planned and go into a day of DMing, I'll do terrible, whether the players do the expected or not. But if I am well prepared, for some reason no matter what the PCs do, I can go along with them and eventually bring them back to where I want them to go, even if they don't realize that's what I'm doing. Is something I've learned about myself and DMing.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Hey folks can you please send and or pray for good vibes my friend Jacob and his family. He currently is in the hospital with covid-19 and the doctors don't think he will make it.
Wish him good luck. Hopefully can hold out a little longer, vaccines are on the way! Though admittedly probably still months away... from what I've heard, the US has done terrible at getting orders prepared from the companies with the vaccines...

Aeson

I saw a man taking a field sobriety test one painfully slow step at a time. As I drove by I noticed a Yuge wet spot on his shirt from neck to navel. Any guess to what might have been on his shirt.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
What is the point of those time wasting sobriety tests anyway? Haven’t you ’mericans heard of breathalyzers? Takes about 3 seconds without the need to get up from the car, saving everyone’s time and nerves...

Aeson

What is the point of those time wasting sobriety tests anyway? Haven’t you ’mericans heard of breathalyzers? Takes about 3 seconds without the need to get up from the car, saving everyone’s time and nerves...
I suspect he probably killed the thing with alcohol poisoning when blew into it. I think he went beyond drunk, he went straight to Scottish.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Laws & court cases demand we cross our t’s and dot our i’s. Gotta make sure you have multiple indicators of inebriation to assure conviction.

Key is that you can actually refuse a breathalyzer test in many jurisdictions until you have been arrested and taken into custody. This buys you time to sober up.

Also, FSTs are designed to catch other forms of impairment. Some of those other impairments are not as easily detected by mechanical means, like pot. CBD, while not an intoxicant, will still trigger something like 75% of the marijuana tests used in the USA.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads