• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
In the 17th-century, London was plagued by an attacker who would slap an unaccompanied lady's buttocks, before shouting "Spanko!” and running away.
Dude, I totally just learned that the other day. From the "todayilearned" subreddit. Sometimes interesting facts, sometimes like 'how did you possibly not know that?' fact. Of course there's also the 'why does it matter that you learned it?' fact. Spanko, while useless knowledge, is at least humorous. Today though, he'd probably be arrested for minor sexual assault, I would imagine. Although, I wonder how many people would actually go to the police and report it. "Some random dude slapped my butt and ran off". It would be hard not to laugh at that. But maybe I'm just a little childish. :)

Dude, I totally just learned that the other day. From the "todayilearned" subreddit. Sometimes interesting facts, sometimes like 'how did you possibly not know that?' fact. Of course there's also the 'why does it matter that you learned it?' fact. Spanko, while useless knowledge, is at least humorous. Today though, he'd probably be arrested for minor sexual assault, I would imagine. Although, I wonder how many people would actually go to the police and report it. "Some random dude slapped my butt and ran off". It would be hard not to laugh at that. But maybe I'm just a little childish. :)
I got it from https://twitter.com/qikipedia

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
It gets reported more today than you think. It gets taken seriously way more. And woe be unto you if the one you* slap is a minor.

* a general you, not you you.

Last edited:

0bffed908988d82094be6ad3041ca71c.jpg

AHHH! That's one of two of the best scenes in the original movie. #1 is still with Flash as he comes to realize Supes can see and track him while running.

Remove ads