Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

No one will think i'm out to murder the emperor with this hat.
qXcZphU.jpg

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
No one will think i'm out to murder the emperor with this hat.
qXcZphU.jpg
Murder dinner maybe.

Speaking of murder, I'm watching Robert The Bruce. The same actor that played him in Braveheart is Robert in this one. Sadly no Hamish or Stephen. My favorite characters from Braveheart. It appears this movie doesn't have nearly the budget Braveheart had.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Like any good southern boy I like biscuits and gravy. The gravy is often made using milk, but I'm lactose intolerant. I use lactose free milk, but it gives the gravy a sweet taste. Another thing I use is sausage that's preformed into patties. The problem with that is it doesn't produce a lot of grease which also help the flavor of the gravy.

It's one of the least healthy things I know to make. I don't make it very often. I'm always looking to up my gravy game. Recently, I was given some shelf stable lactose free whole milk. This has really changed things, but it still gives the gravy the sweet taste. Any recommendations?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There might be an unsweetened form. Or maybe one of the veggie milks would work.

I bought some shelf-stable unsweetened almond milk during the lockdowns when milk was being rationed, just in case. It wasn’t quite like milk- it had a nutty undertone, but it wasn’t sweet, either. Bonus: it made for decent chocolate milk!

You might also try a roux- basically flour cooked in some kind of oil- instead of (or supplementing) dairy or a dairy substitute. Butter is common, but any will do. So olive oil or other vegetable oils (corn, peanut, canola, etc.) would be fine.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
AHHH! That's one of two of the best scenes in the original movie. #1 is still with Flash as he comes to realize Supes can see and track him while running.
I'm impressed that anyone remembers any lines from that movie. Watching the Snyder Cut will be interesting for me since I remember so little of the original version that it'll basically be like watching an entirely movie for me. Though some pieces may come back to me as a sense of vague familiarity. Haven't really heard much talk about it. Wonder if the Snyder Cut is that bad still or just mediocre enough that no one is truly that excited about it. Wonder how Snyder would feel if everything still thinks it's crap.

On a somewhat unrelated note, wonder if that's why I haven't done much with my book... fear that it will just plain suck and no one will like it...

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
There might be an unsweetened form. Or maybe one of the veggie milks would work.

I bought some shelf-stable unsweetened almond milk during the lockdowns when milk was being rationed, just in case. It wasn’t quite like milk- it had a nutty undertone, but it wasn’t sweet, either. Bonus: it made for decent chocolate milk!

You might also try a roux- basically flour cooked in some kind of oil- instead of (or supplementing) dairy or a dairy substitute. Butter is common, but any will do. So olive oil or other vegetable oils (corn, peanut, canola, etc.) would be fine.
Yeah I've tried almond milk before. It's a lot like whole milk in consistency. I normally use low fat milk. It's a little thinner.

I use flour, milk, salt, and pepper, along with the sausage to make the gravy. Cook the sausage. Eyeball the flour. 1/2 cup or so to start. Pour in milk and stir. Add flour and milk as needed to reach desired volume. Salt and pepper to taste. I have vegetable oil but don't use it. You think it might help?

I am in the minority. I liked the Justice League movie. Its not Avengers but I liked it. Flash and Aquaman stole the movie. If they weren't there it would have sucked.

Other best lines-

Flash uncertain what to do and Batman advises. "Save one life. Just one life and you will know what to do." Powerful if I over think it. Then the unofficial competition between Flash and Superman.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm in that minority with you. Aquaman and The Flash were the comic relief for sure. Some of that went away in the Snyder cut, but we got to see Iris West, and Barry pocket a hotdog. As I type this I realized what he did with the hotdog, and it was genius.

You can't compare The Avengers and Justice League. They're similar stories, yes, but so different in design. Instead of comparing apples and oranges, it's more like apples and pears. Similar in ways but vastly different in others.
You should be able to enjoy them both.

Remove ads