• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I tried Simply Smoothie's mango pineapple smoothie tonight. Says no sugar added but holy moly was it sweet. I thought it was good though. I don't think I'll rush to get it again. It was too expensive for my taste. Seemed too sweet also. I even got a cup of ice hoping to water it down a little. $2.99 for a 8oz bottle I thought the ice would stretch it out some too.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Are there any centrists anymore? Their bullhorn isn't as loud I guess. The whole signal to noise thing. CNN doesn't seem as far left as Fox is far right. Or at least not as far left as Fox makes them appear.

There was a time I thought Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck made sense. That was before they left CNN. I don't know if it was me or them that had changed. Maybe both?
Centrists exist- I am one- but there’s no real network under their guidance. Not in the USA, at least. And no, CNN isn’t nearly as left as Fox is right. Not even close, these days,

As for Beck and Dobbs, I used to watch them- and Carlson- on CNN. IMHO, their rhetoric has changed, both in content and quality. Dobbs used to be mostly a financial news guy, but on Fox, he’s pontificating on social issues. Beck, for me, would draw you in by breaking down an issue very well…then jump to a nutty conclusion not supported by the facts.

TC? I can’t say if he’s always been this way or not. He’s always been conservative. But he didn’t seem as bad then as he does now. Not by a long shot. I mean, openly embracing replacement theory? Damn.

Aeson

This is such a cute story. Axel is a beautiful cat.

I dislike the way she says kitten. I've heard it from others, still don't like.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
TC? I can’t say if he’s always been this way or not. He’s always been conservative. But he didn’t seem as bad then as he does now. Not by a long shot. I mean, openly embracing replacement theory? Damn.
I honestly don't know much about Tucker Carlson besides what I've seen on The Daily Show and Last Week Tonight (which, especially the Daily Show, have for a long time pointed out inconsistencies or issues with other news networks)... but I always wondered about people like that... How much do they believe in what they're saying vs how much are they simply pandering to people because of money/attention.

Aeson

Like Alex Jones, Tucker's attorney had to admit in court his show is for entertainment and not journalism. Alex himself had to admit he's playing a character in court. I don't think Tucker has had to go that far. None of this has swayed their audiences.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

I almost never use self-checkout for this exact reason. The few times I have tried to, malfunctions requiring assistance are the most common result.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I, on the other hand, almost exclusively use the self check out these days. I can minimize human contact and there’s usually no line to wait in.

But, I suspect our north european technocratic utopia is a century ahead of you in shopping technology...

I’ve never had any problems/malfunctions, and I’ve only once been flagged for random inspection after transaction.

Last edited:

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Yeah, I've grown to like the self-checkouts. Where I am, a lot of people aren't vaxxed, so they're the safest option. And they're usually quickest, too, since almost never have a wait. I haven't seen one flake out in years, except for the occasional "item not found" in the database.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'll jump on the self checkout bandwagon. There is usually less of a line and I usually only have a few items anyway. Every once in a while I'll have an issue with something, but rarely enough to cause me much inconvenience.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads