• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I didn't know Scientific American did opinion pieces. I wish the first one I see wasn't about how "problematic" the Jedi are. Fracking JEDI. Is nothing sacred anymore? Can't we have one nice thing? Someone has to come along and crap on everything. This world doesn't deserve Star Wars or the jedi. I never could have imagined a group of highly educated people could be so wrong. The wrongness hurts me to my very core.

Me after reading the article.

Aeson

I told my mom about the Jedi thing. She asked do they know it's not real. I keep going then she asked if I knew that it's not real. 🙄 I said yes but that's not the point. The point is they used the Jedi to make a bad all white men are evil argument.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Brendon Gleeson as Donald Trump is uncanny. The Comey Rule is on Netflix now.
Oh man, I remember watching that last year and I couldn't stop watching until it was done (except for the times I had to google something cause I was like "how accurate is x in the show?" I felt bad for Comey and was like "I hope he's doing okay now" cause that entire situation was a mess. And it was crazy cause I remember thinking how I couldn't stand Trump but I didn't trust Clinton... because of those stupid emails! (And I cannot forgive her for 'Pokemon go... to the polls!').

And I always thought Trump was just a buffoon, but that show made (and the acting of Brendon Gleeson) him seem soooooo EVIL. Like tv show/cartoon supervillain evil. Crazy.

And yeah, the actors were incredible too. I enjoyed the acting of Jeff Daniels here almost as much as I liked him in the Newsroom (his America is not the greatest country in the world speech is what got me into that show).

Aeson

I'm about to watch it. I watched the trailer earlier. I recall watching something else about that time period. I can't remember the name. Comey was in a tough spot.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm about to watch it. I watched the trailer earlier. I recall watching something else about that time period. I can't remember the name. Comey was in a tough spot.
Oh, my bad. I thought you already HAD watched. I was like "Oh, I hope I didn't spoil anything" and then realized how absurd that was because it's about real life events from the past. That would be like spoiler alert Joe Biden won Arizona... again. :)

Aeson

Oh, my bad. I thought you already HAD watched. I was like "Oh, I hope I didn't spoil anything" and then realized how absurd that was because it's about real life events from the past. That would be like spoiler alert Joe Biden won Arizona... again. :)
I started to but got sidetracked. Starting it now.

Aeson

My kitchen looked like someone dived head first into a pool of corn starch. That stuff went everywhere. Ok, it wasn't that bad but it seemed like it. Flour does the same thing with me. It travels. I did manage to some tasty fried potatoes and salmon out of it.

Oh, and now I'm out of vegetable oil. I had two partial bottles, now I have two empty bottles. lol

Last edited:

Aeson

Tasha's Cauldron has a fighting style option called Interception. It allows a fighter to reduce damage of a successful hit within 5ft. I think this is an interesting option. Could mean life or death for the one being defended. I'm keeping my arcane spell caster within 5ft of the fighter with this style.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads