• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I can't speak to the second combination there, but doing those two together doesn't work well - the two totally different vibes tend to harsh each other and ruin it.
I think that was sorta my point. 😛 The show looked insane and chaotic. Episode 4 seemed almost like actual Trek. It started out that way then went nuts.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This is a serious question. There is a certain public figure that keeps referring to the Spanish Flu of 1918 as the 1917 flu. Why? Can no one correct him? His own grandfather died of it in 1918. You'd think someone would say to him "Sir, sir, it's 1918 not 1917." Not many people know that.
While 1917 is completely wrong, the (misnamed) Spanish Flu lasted from 1918-1920. So I could understand calling it by one of those years.

Aeson

Brian Laundrie should remember they eventually found Eric Rudolph and give himself up. They didn't need Dog The Bounty Hunter then and they don't need him now.

Aeson

A new show called La Brea is about a group of people that fall in s hole and end up in a time period approximately a decade before Betty White was born. It has Asylum level FX. makes sense since NBC and SYFY are related. Asylum makes those really bad Syfy movies. I do not have high hopes for this show.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
A new show called La Brea is about a group of people that fall in s hole and end up in a time period approximately a decade before Betty White was born. It has Asylum level FX. makes sense since NBC and SYFY are related. Asylum makes those really bad Syfy movies. I do not have high hopes for this show.
I was just trying to watch it. Had been using the NPC website, but with the ads are bad. Then it disconnected, had to watch the ads again. Then it disconnected and I was like "nope". So I decided to find an alternate method. Waiting now. Really probably not worth the effort though, but I kinda wanted something on while working on other stuff.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Okay, watched the first two episodes while working on other stuff. It's okay-ish, I guess. Apparently Aeson think's Betty White is approximately 12,0000 years old. But yeah, they don't waste time in revealing that it's 10,000 BC. Now, the important questions: how did they get there, can they go back, who are the strangers? And of course the little secrets everyone keeps from each other but probably don't matter (like the fact that the woman was looking for her son, but she has to act weird about it because...)

So yeah, doubt it'll be great, doubt it'll get a second season. Doubt I'll watch episode 3 unless I'm really bored. Though I am curious to see what type of supplies and personnel the government would send down into the hole. Like... If you knew you could fit x number of people and y pounds of supplies, what would you send? Presumably you would prepare in case there is no return. You don't know who with the people, so you'd probably want a medic. You'd probably need someone skilled in engineering (assuming you'd send down a generator and stuff). Pilot. Food. Maybe an agriculturalist in case you need to set up farming stuff. A marksman of some sort (for hunting), though someone trained in archery also might not be a bad idea (how long would bullets last). I guess thinking about the possibilities of what would happen is more interesting than the show itself. Hah.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads