• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
We had to give up on having cats as the ’Lil Rat became badly allergic to most furry critters. Planning on getting something scaly someday instead.
There are hypoallergenic cats. The Siberian and the Russian Blue are beautiful cats.

Aeson

Now that it looks like I'm settled for a time, I'm thinking of get a cat or two. I think it would be a good idea to get two to keep each other company. My mom isn't much for petting or playing with cats. So when I'm not around they can hopefully entertain themselves.

My chief concerns
Them shredding the furniture
Them peeing everywhere
Knocking stuff of shelves
Getting outside (feral cats I wouldn't want them messing with)

Now that it looks like I'm settled for a time, I'm thinking of get a cat or two. I think it would be a good idea to get two to keep each other company. My mom isn't much for petting or playing with cats. So when I'm not around they can hopefully entertain themselves.

My chief concerns
Them shredding the furniture
Them peeing everywhere
Knocking stuff of shelves
Getting outside (feral cats I wouldn't want them messing with)
Shredding can be alleviated by giving them.alternatives to shred (cardboard, sisal rope and carpet are good alternatives)
Peeing is alleviated by a range of activities:
Fixing them helps to keep sexual marking down, getting kittens that are litter mates keeps territory marking down, and keeping a very clean litter box also helps.
Keeping them occupied and engaged in the house keeps them from trying to escape, well mostly.

Knocking stuff off is alleviated by velcro.. lol

Aeson

I found a new podcast. The Bible Through a Child's Eyes. A Youtuber I follow Viced Rhino reads the bible to his 12 year old daughter then they discuss it. Her commentary is hilarious.

At one point dad is telling her about God speaking things into existence. She says "Let there be chocolate milk in my hand" in a loud boomy voice for a 12 year old girl. If I were a RBDM and she said that, I'd have chocolate milk pour from the sky into her little hand. If I wanted to be really cruel, I'd turn her hand into glass, and fill it with chocolate milk. She can see the milk inside, but can't get to it. 😎

She asked why some plants are poisonous if they were made to be eaten. Later as he's telling her about the fall of man, and how plants gain briers and thorns, she yells "That's where the poison comes in" This one smart kid. lol

That was the first episode. There are 10 so far. I hadn't laughed that much or that loud in a while. I'm looking forward to the rest.

Last edited:

Aeson

I started to think more about that podcast. I don't know how long it'll take them to get through the book. I'd like them to do a follow up some years down the road to see how things changed. She never went to church, she's homeschooled by a non theist. She hasn't had the indoctrination others have had.

I'm having a bad hands day. Had problems eating today. A lot of people at Subway were watching me. Guess I've become that entertaining to watch.
Friends Love GIF

Remove ads