• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Who doesn't know what Doctors Without Borders is? Apparently, a guest I had earlier today. I got a thank you letter for my donation. Of course it came with a request for more money and info about them in a pamphlet, which is what he saw, and prompted the question about it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Who doesn't know what Doctors Without Borders is? Apparently, a guest I had earlier today. I got a thank you letter for my donation. Of course it came with a request for more money and info about them in a pamphlet, which is what he saw, and prompted the question about it.
Some people lead truly sheltered lives.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Some people lead truly sheltered lives.
I know I did. That changed with the internet. This guy is probably between 25-30, I don't think there's an excuse for ignorance for people of his age in America. Unless this county, which I'm not sure he's ever strayed far from, just got the internet last Tuesday.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I know I did. That changed with the internet. This guy is probably between 25-30, I don't think there's an excuse for ignorance for people of his age in America. Unless this county, which I'm not sure he's ever strayed far from, just got the internet last Tuesday.
Never underestimate the ability of people to tune things out. My 76yo Mom is a regular viewer of CNN & BBC and does NOT watch FOX, OAN, etc.

And I guarantee-damn-tee you Dad & I routinely wind up informing/reminding her of current issues. This isn’t dementia, this is how she’s always been- she pays attention to things that interest her, and tunes out the rest.

I’ve even seen her do that with the local news.

I know the basics, but that's it.

Remove ads