Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

427942209_718208373774409_5347612113492527702_n.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
Chris Conley is a player for San Francisco 49ers. He's a local guy from Georgia, and a Star Wars fan. He made a fan film while at UGA.

We had a guy from my neighborhood named Dougie DuBose who played for the 49ers for about two years. (That happened to be the year they won Superbowl XXIII.) Then he got injured, hooked on drugs, and ended up living back with his mother...

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
What a weird weekend, full of complicated family matters and complicated emotions.

My ex-wife passed away last Saturday. We divorced 12 years ago after seven years of marriage, and it was amicable and mutual--it wasn't really anyone's "fault," we just weren't a good match. Even so, we couldn't really stay friends after that kind of falling-out. She moved out of state shortly after, and we didn't really stay in touch. When I got the news, it had been a decade or more since we had spoken.

Now my social media is exploding with mutual friends sharing stories from 20 years ago, tagging me in photos. And her family is tiptoeing around me, worried that I might find out where the funeral is and cause a scene. And I'm up here in the Pacific Northwest, watching clouds roll across Mt. Hood and thinking of the person I was and the person I became, thanks in no small part to the person I always seem to be saying goodbye to.

Grief is weird.

What a weird weekend, full of complicated family matters and complicated emotions.

My ex-wife passed away last Saturday. We divorced 12 years ago after seven years of marriage, and it was amicable and mutual--it wasn't really anyone's "fault," we just weren't a good match. Even so, we couldn't really stay friends after that kind of falling-out. She moved out of state shortly after, and we didn't really stay in touch. When I got the news, it had been a decade or more since we had spoken.

Now my social media is exploding with mutual friends sharing stories from 20 years ago, tagging me in photos. And her family is tiptoeing around me, worried that I might find out where the funeral is and cause a scene. And I'm up here in the Pacific Northwest, watching clouds roll across Mt. Hood and thinking of the person I was and the person I became, thanks in no small part to the person I always seem to be saying goodbye to.

Grief is weird.
Animation Hug GIF

Remove ads