Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I’m putting a lot of hope on her running the government. And saying that is the extent of our politics I’m going to go here.

Aeson

Adventurer
I'm curious. When you* vote, do you vote for the person or the party? It seems to me from what I've heard about the parliamentary elections it's more about the party than the individual running.

*A universal you, not necessarily you specifically.

Aeson

Adventurer
I'm not asking for opinion. I'm asking how the system works. For educational purposes only.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
My understanding is the vote is for the party, who in turn chooses its leader.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
The finnish process works rather curiously. We vote for the party by voting people in the party. They count how many votes each party got and assign the parliament seats. Now then, within a party their seats go to those who got most votes. It gets a little confusing as different areas of the country are counted separately. Difficult to explain.

Yeah, I don’t think talking about the processes behind politics counts as talking politics. It can easily devolve into politics but I’ll keep my nose away from there.

Last edited:

trappedslider

Adventurer
The finnish process works rather curiously. We vote for the party by voting people in the party. They count how many votes each party got and assign the parliament seats. Now then, within a party their seats go to those who got most votes. It gets a little confusing as different areas of the country are counted separately. Difficult to explain.

Yeah, I don’t think talking about the processes behind politics counts as talking politics. It can easily devolve into politics but I’ll keep my nose away from there.
I guess having a chart helps to keep track of things.

Aeson

Adventurer
So the party gets X number of seats for Y number of votes. Then the party chooses who fill the seats, then they choose who leads the party?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I heard The Hu on the local rock station last night. I thought it was awesome.
I missed if you mentioned it yet, but they got themselves onto the soundtrack for Jedi Fallen Order. And not just the soundtrack, because characters within the game listen to their songs. Which means that they are now part of Star Wars canon. :D

Aeson

Adventurer
I missed if you mentioned it yet, but they got themselves onto the soundtrack for Jedi Fallen Order. And not just the soundtrack, because characters within the game listen to their songs. Which means that they are now part of Star Wars canon. :D
This is crazy. You were on my mind right before I checked in on the Hive.

That's pretty cool.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Guys. You need to make this recipe this weekend.

Mulled Wine
2 bottles of affordable red wine (like this one)
1 quart of apple cider
1/2 cup brown sugar (more or less to taste)
2 cinnamon sticks
8 cloves
2 stars of anise
15-20 allspice berries
1" piece of ginger, crushed
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced

Toss everything into a crock pot. Turn it up to High, and leave it for the amount of time it takes you and your friends to watch Rare Exports. Then turn it down to Low, and simmer for the amount of time it takes you to play a game of Tokaido. When your house smells amazing, it's ready to drink. Hand everyone a mug, maybe with a splash of brandy or cognac in the bottom, and fill them with the spiced wine. Serve with a crackling fire and plenty of YouTube videos (we just learned how to do the hustle).

Advertisement