Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
A couple of guys I know are willing to pay me to work on their laptops. One has a cracked screen so hopefully I just need to replace it. One wants to retrieve data off a HD. Should be doable. I REALLY need the money. I want charge a fair price. I thought of looking at the pros and see what they charge then half it. Anyone getting cheat doing that? Me or them?
Companies that do HD recovery vary their prices wildly and often don't even give you an estimate for it until they've seen the condition of the device. And it seems that the price is rarely lower than the price of the HD itself (cheapest I ever saw was 50€ to fix a usb stick). Over the years it's felt to me like fully half of the recovery companies were scammers themselves as far as the pricing is concerned. My advice is just be up front about it and you're already better than most.

a mental note: my scars in the abdominal cavity are still too massive. when I lean over after eating curry all day, I had the dubious pleasure of tasting my food a second time. *cough*
Yikes. Isn't curry kinda too spicy if you're still recovering (I don't know much about either)?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
the actual digestive tract is fully healed, as I can eat curry, chilly or tai dragon peppers with lunch. Although my taste buds told me that the pepper was a mistake and proved it as it went in and as it came out.

it is the musculature that is heavily scarred. The docs were not able to fully connect my muscles and so they simply sewed them to a mesh. Scar tissue formed to connect the muscle over the mesh.further more, there is scar tissue where I had a drain for 4 months and where the colostomy was sewn closed.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Now he knows he has you. It was a mind control device. Now you'll start to think fish is good for all meals and want to live in an igloo. You'll start to think New York is hot in December

Fish is good for all meals. I don't know about igloos but I hear they're much better than advertised. And New York in December, I've done that. Everyone complaining about the wind getting inside their clothing and I'm basically having heatstroke in a light summer coat (although I do feel like I should point out that while I've been mainly living in southern Finland I was actually born up north near the arctic circle).

I forgot the best part of his brainwashing scheme. You now want to wear a horny helmet and go raiding and pillaging.

Umm.. so, wait, hang on a flying-cow second there..

Avengers Infinity War spoiler:
[sblock]..if the infinity gauntlet kills 50% of everyone does that mean that there was a 50% chance that Thanos could have killed himself?[/sblock]

Sausages and women, if you want to enjoy them, don't witness their preparation.

you speak, wisely.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm always right about the things important to me, less right about the thing not important, but still right nonetheless.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
5c0a69c7ccf00ad88bb17399289532aa--weird-costumes-funny-family-photos.jpg

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Here's something to quickly catch you up on stuff that happened:

[video=youtube;BzzJWGSv1-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzzJWGSv1-A[/video]

Hey, where's 7 and 8? Or are they waiting for #9 to put all 9 up at once? It might be awesome to watch all nine. Turn the volume off and then just scan for cool fight scenes. :)

Remove ads