Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Depends on how famous and iconic the sentence is. Odds are good that if it’s recognizable, it’s actionable.

OTOH, if it’s just for a single shirt for personal use or a gift, nobody who cares will notice. And if they do, they won’t do anything beyond sending you a C&D letter, if that.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Depends on how famous and iconic the sentence is. Odds are good that if it’s recognizable, it’s actionable.

OTOH, if it’s just for a single shirt for personal use or a gift, nobody who cares will notice. And if they do, they won’t do anything beyond sending you a C&D letter, if that.
I can assure you we did, in fact, evolve from filthy monkey-men.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Actually, a quote, no matter how popular, really can't be enforced as intellectual property unless it directly contains the names of characters from the show or other things that can be enforced, or it's commonly acknowledged as a character's iconic catchphrase, etc... And nobody is going to copyright/trademark all the dialogue from every episode of their show.

But as long as you're not actually selling the shirts, it's basically a moot point anyway.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Copyright arises automatically, registration is mainly about ease of enforcement. That said, I can guarantee you almost every final script coming out of Hollywood has been registered,

And whether something is for sale is immaterial.

But if the infringement is minimal, the odds that someone will come after you for it are likewise minimal. Lawyers cost money; lawsuits take time- there are bigger fish to fry than a guy with a single t-shirt.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
If they do, that’s between you, them, and their lawyers.
Gotcha

I cooked spaghetti and then went out for awhile. When I came back my house smelled amazing. Very tomatoy and peppery.

And I tried out Neverwinter this weekend. I'm surprised it took me this long. I think it was my racial hatred for 4th edition. It's still a favored enemy but I've loosened up a bit. Anyway, the game looks really nice and the powers system really does lend itself well to a video game. Last night I tried out a halfling barbarian. Tonight a Drow warlock. The warlock is neat.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
4Ed was- for me- nice to play, but I never EVER wanted to DM it.

And as I always said during the old Edition Wars, it alwaysed seemed videogamey to me- but like arcade combat games, not the typical comparisons to MMORPGs others were making.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases