Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I suppose you'd ship off south paws also? 😤
Nope. I have no problem with them. They can stay. (y)

Though to be fair, I don't REALLY have a problem with red heads either. I've known a couple in my life and despite the weird stereotypes you see on tv and the internet, they seemed okay people to me.

Generally, I've been able to see a group of people and said, "There's good and bad people in every group." The only group I struggle with is the Somali population here in Minnesota. I've worked with them for years and I've seen the good and the bad. A couple of them - that I worked for - really ended up f'ing me over a few years back and the anger I get from that has mostly gone but comes back every once in a while. It's really hard to not let emotions take over and condemn the entire group of them even though I have met plenty that were great people.

I was fortunate to be married for about a year and a half a while back. She was half-Somali, half-Arab. The divorce was rough, but in the end we kind of agreed it was better for both of us. We didn't talk for a time, but eventually we became friends again. So we do stuff every once in a while and talk about how things are going. And man, she sometimes complains about her own people and some of the things she's said, it make it really hard to remember the good ones.

Like what is going on with this political and religious situation in America. It's REALLY hard not to see the others as "the enemy", but I am sure there are good people with opposing political and religious views that have been basically shoved into the background by the vocal minority (which basically sums up the internet, hah). I think it is always important to remember those people even with all the other crap going on.

Honestly, I think everyone has the right to be here and the only people that should be shipped off are the people that actively work against that right. Anyone that legitimately says someone should be shipped off due to their own prejudice really should be the ones shipped off themselves. To where? I don't know, I'm sure we can find some empty island somewhere to deposit all of those people.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
From what the police told me, she died in her sleep, where she usually took her post-work nap.

And she had just the day before returned from a trip to NOLA- she got to see her other 2 sons, her grandkids, cousins and other relatives, as well as several of her nearest and dearest friends.

Definitely worse fates, I’m thinking.
I agree; there are definitely worse ways to go. Though it's always sad when someone does go, regardless of the situation. Y'all have my condolence as well.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
469b8ee0-2b54-4cce-81eb-6d381939b1b0.b8017eaeefe73a49909bdf54daf55ab2.jpeg

My mom bought one like the one in the middle. She said they're meant to go in an aquarium. I said now we need an aquarium to go around it. She said no, we don't. It has a big hole in the back so little fishies can go inside it. 😁 Looks like someone cracked his skull open. lol

My wizard's study is going to be awesome if I can ever get my butt in gear and plan the design and make it happen.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Nope. I have no problem with them. They can stay. (y)

Though to be fair, I don't REALLY have a problem with red heads either. I've known a couple in my life and despite the weird stereotypes you see on tv and the internet, they seemed okay people to me.

Generally, I've been able to see a group of people and said, "There's good and bad people in every group." The only group I struggle with is the Somali population here in Minnesota. I've worked with them for years and I've seen the good and the bad. A couple of them - that I worked for - really ended up f'ing me over a few years back and the anger I get from that has mostly gone but comes back every once in a while. It's really hard to not let emotions take over and condemn the entire group of them even though I have met plenty that were great people.

I was fortunate to be married for about a year and a half a while back. She was half-Somali, half-Arab. The divorce was rough, but in the end we kind of agreed it was better for both of us. We didn't talk for a time, but eventually we became friends again. So we do stuff every once in a while and talk about how things are going. And man, she sometimes complains about her own people and some of the things she's said, it make it really hard to remember the good ones.

Like what is going on with this political and religious situation in America. It's REALLY hard not to see the others as "the enemy", but I am sure there are good people with opposing political and religious views that have been basically shoved into the background by the vocal minority (which basically sums up the internet, hah). I think it is always important to remember those people even with all the other crap going on.

Honestly, I think everyone has the right to be here and the only people that should be shipped off are the people that actively work against that right. Anyone that legitimately says someone should be shipped off due to their own prejudice really should be the ones shipped off themselves. To where? I don't know, I'm sure we can find some empty island somewhere to deposit all of those people.
Holy cow. I was just asking about left handed people. 😝 That's an autobiography. lol it's cool though. 😎 I think I recall you mentioned being married before but didn't go into great detail. I'm glad you could stay friends.

Teddy Roosevelt's daughter corrected someone once.
"You had four failed marriages."
"No, I had four marriages."

Basically, she's saying just because a marriage ended, doesn't mean it failed. I look at it this way. It's all part of life. Nothing lasts forever. We live, we love, we learn, we grow apart. But, what do I know, I've never been in a real relationship.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Holy cow. I was just asking about left handed people. 😝 That's an autobiography. lol it's cool though. 😎 I think I recall you mentioned being married before but didn't go into great detail. I'm glad you could stay friends.

Teddy Roosevelt's daughter corrected someone once.
"You had four failed marriages."
"No, I had four marriages."

Basically, she's saying just because a marriage ended, doesn't mean it failed. I look at it this way. It's all part of life. Nothing lasts forever. We live, we love, we learn, we grow apart. But, what do I know, I've never been in a real relationship.
I know, I realized I had written a bunch extra and was like "Do I really need to say all of this?" I probably didn't, thought about deleting and then didn't do that. Maybe it was a little cathartic writing that too, to express my feelings on what is going on in America right now. I really wish we could all get along, but everything seems to be getting more antagonistic against each other, which does nothing but make the situation worse. Disappointing really.

And as for marriages, I suppose if you look at it as in "If this marriage did not last until one of you died, then it failed", then yeah, you're totally right, it failed. But the thing is, sometimes people change. Things happen and sometimes you realize things are no longer as you want them to be. My marriage may have ended, but I have times I remember fondly and I learned a lot about myself during that time, so even though we're no longer married, I don't regret it.

That was my first real relationship and - unfortunately - my last. I had almost gotten to the point of giving up hope, but then bam, there she came. And now, I do want another relationship and am trying to get my life straightened out in order to do that because I need to be able to take care of myself because I can consider taking care of someone else! But I don't think it's ever too late, so don't give up hope!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, the brothers have officially started bickering. They’re not fighting over dividing their mom’s estate; they’re bickering about how to handle the details of her transport back to NOLA, who needs to sign what…IOW, every detail.

The oldest is good people, but he’s a little slow. A gentle giant. The middle one is the smallest of the three, but he was born grumpy with a hair trigger temper. The youngest is the largest of all, a bit emotionally stunted, and the most volatile. (And since he the one who found their mom, he’s predictably handling it the worst.)

Another cousin and the youngest brother’s dad are here and helping, but the brothers are still talking about cutting each other out of their lives and other threats.

So sometime VERY soon, I’m going to have to gather them and try to smooth the waters before someone says or does something that can’t easily be taken back.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I feel like something like that would be clever for an RPG character, but not for a real person.

One of my former DMs named his DMPC warforged fighter "Emuanay" - as in M1A, because he was the party's tank...

I had an idea for a warrior who ritually cut himself after battle if he didn't take damage. I'm still working on why. To honor his ancestors? To honor his opponent? The idea is he feels he should bleed. If he didn't take damage, was it a real battle? Or, His opponent gave his blood, then the warrior should also.

The gods call for it - victory must be bought with blood...

View attachment 252008

My mom bought one like the one in the middle. She said they're meant to go in an aquarium. I said now we need an aquarium to go around it. She said no, we don't. It has a big hole in the back so little fishies can go inside it. 😁 Looks like someone cracked his skull open. lol

My wizard's study is going to be awesome if I can ever get my butt in gear and plan the design and make it happen.

The skull in my avatar photo was a b-day gift from my brother a long time ago - it's a cast resin skull just a tad bit smaller than life-sized, which is why my hat looks big on it. It's covered in awesome gold Celtic knotwork.

It's a variation on this guy.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The gods call for it - victory must be bought with blood...
Or it’s penance for having fought an obviously inferior opponent instead of achieving victory without combat.

Or it’s a ritual reminder of the high stakes of combat, so that he doesn’t become complacent.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
An acquaintance of mine wore this shirt Monday.
A13usaonutL._CLa_2140,2000_81pfnn5qiLL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UL1500_.jpg

I asked if he played, because he never mentioned it before. He said no, but would like too. He said he had never met anyone that actively played. It was always people that used to play back in the day. I got a huge grin on my face. 😁 I said you're in luck. We talked for a bit. He's interested in trying it out. I asked if he wanted to play the version they play on the show or the current one. He didn't know he had options. They're so cute when they're clueless. 😛 He wants to play the one on the show. Now I have to dig out my 1st ed books.🤓 I'm excited about this. I hope we get a chance. I love introducing new people to gaming. I'm trying to talk another into joining us, but he's Jahovah's Witness and very unlikely to do it.

If you were introing people to 1st ed for the first time, which published module would you use?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases