WotC Hasbro gains big time from D&D, Magic, Monopoly, and Baldur's Gate 3

Take care, maybe you are giving them ideas. Some times I seriously think Hasbro relaunched Hero Quest because somebody read us here in this forum. A D&D Risk based in the map of Nentir Vale could be possible in the future.

A D&D:+Magic Monopoly is possible. It would be two levels, the outer would be Ravnica, and the second Sigil. It would use different dices, and also cards and mana points of different colors. But the playtesting version would appear as a free demo videogame within D&D Beyond.

A D&D monster trainer class is possible, because it has been createdy by 3PPs. Then to sell an original product it should be an original class, mixing different game mechanics but enough simple and fast in the fight. Changiing a summoned monster ally should work like the vestige pact magic by the binder class, but spending points of incarnum essence to "unlock" or upgrade monster traits, for example a metamagic feat (let's say energy subtitution), better natural armor, or some extra natural weapon.

* I have read about Japanese TTRPG "Sword World". but is is only one setting, and this too generic fantasy.

Other option could be a Japanese videogame studio creating a new D&D setting to be licenced.

Reynard

Legend
if a Monopoly app can make 3x as much for them, then they can find other ways too

Their VTT should be ready sometime, the 2024 core books get released, that should count for something
The comparison between sales of the 2024 PHB and BG3 should be interesting.

Reynard

Legend
I am more curious about the core sales over the last 5 years vs next year / 2025
Yeah. Nothing grows forever. I am curious how long D&D can sustain its current growth, as well as how likely recent purchasers are to pick up revised books.

Similarly, I wonder how many people that jumped on PF2 after the OGL debacle are going to be keen to buy the "remaster" books.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
BG3 could hit ten million and could make Hasbro $6 per buyer.

Which is interesting when you think of the number of Beyond users (13 million) or the number of active D&D players, even bigger than that.

For all the deserved hype about BG3 it's not bigger than D&D, which doesn't have that hype.

Reynard

Legend
BG3 could hit ten million and could make Hasbro $6 per buyer.

Which is interesting when you think of the number of Beyond users (13 million) or the number of active D&D players, even bigger than that.

For all the deserved hype about BG3 it's not bigger than D&D, which doesn't have that hype.
There is no way to count "concurrent D&D players" for good or ill. And do we have any idea how many of the oft-touted 13 Million Beyond users actually pay anything?

Remove ads