Hate-watching Cursed on Netflix

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
When you say young adult show is it more like that Elfstones of Shannara type young adult (with all the teen angst and cheesy effects and such) or like Doctor Who type young adult (or more a family oriented) show?

I like the latter type of show FAR more than the former type of show.

Ive not seen the Shannara programme but Cursed is very much inspired by things like the Hunger Games movie and stars the lead from Netflixs’ “13 Reasons Why” teen suicide drama. The angst wasnt too ott, but it does feature teen girl coping with the hardships of life, some daddy issues and a hooded bad guy dressed in black called the ‘Crying Monk’.

Kaodi

Hero
You have no idea how many actors and crew are pissed at Vancouver constantly subbing in for Seattle :ROFLMAO:

From both directions? Like, Americans are maybe pissed that shows set it American cities are being made in Canadians cities. But Canadians get fed up too when our cities are good enough to be shot in but apparently not good enough to just be the damn setting.

Ryujin

Legend
From both directions? Like, Americans are maybe pissed that shows set it American cities are being made in Canadians cities. But Canadians get fed up too when our cities are good enough to be shot in but apparently not good enough to just be the damn setting.

There are an awful lot of actors in Seattle. It's one of those touchie-feelie sort of places. Lots of crew there too, of all sorts. And writers, etc.. If you have the base to actually shoot in the city and yet other places end up subbing, it tends to piss you off. I know a guy who was on the pilot for "Station 19", which is set in Seattle. Guess where it's shot now, after doing the pilot in Seattle. LA.

I just get tired of being kicked out of my pristinely clean parking spot so that they can fill it with garbage and a dead hooker. (Actually happened)

Jediking

Explorer
I don't know. Whenever I see a science fiction or superhero show anymore, I have an expectation that the future will look vaguely like British Columbia, or Toronto.

This is a corollary to a lesson I learned when I first watched Jackie Chan in Rumble in the Bronx and marveled at the green mountains of New York City.

As someone who lives in Vancouver the amount of times I see it in movies/TV can be jarring (looking at you, The Flash)

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I have watched a three episodes so far. I feel there's something there, but it's still a little rough.

I mean it's Frank Miller. It's irreverent, highly stylized, and at times disjointed. The world building and characters are interesting if not fully baked. It can at times be charming for how raw and unpolished it is. At other times you want to shake your head and say "Why Frank? Why?".

This review of the novel that was developed along with the series provides some additional context.

Ryujin

Legend
I have watched a three episodes so far. I feel there's something there, but it's still a little rough.

I mean it's Frank Miller. It's irreverent, highly stylized, and at times disjointed. The world building and characters are interesting if not fully baked. It can at times be charming for how raw and unpolished it is. At other times you want to shake your head and say "Why Frank? Why?".

This review of the novel that was developed along with the series provides some additional context.

Think, "Why, Tom? Why?" instead. Or also. Whatever ;)

Life's too short (and there are too many other things worth watching) to hate watch something. If it's not working for you, dump it.
I will never understand hate watching,it feels like you're just looking for something to complain about. Life's too short for that kind of behavior imo.

I will never understand hate watching,it feels like you're just looking for something to complain about. Life's too short for that kind of behavior imo.

Well I do also host bad movie nights at my house, where me and my friends completely trash the movies we watch. It's a thing. We even have bingo cards where we cross off all the clichés. When a piece of medium is not enjoyable consumed the way it was intended, you sometimes find a way to enjoy it in a way that was not intended.

Remove ads