• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you become disillusioned with 3rd edition?

Still playing 3rd edition?

• I still play 3.0/3.5 pretty much as written.

Votes: 301 62.1%
  • I still play 3.0/3.5 but with a number of changes

Votes: 122 25.2%
  • What I play is still technically 3rd edition, but with a ton of changes

Votes: 25 5.2%
  • I play a d20 system, based on 3rd edition (e.g., d20 modern)

Votes: 68 14.0%
  • I play an OGL game (e.g., C&C)

Votes: 63 13.0%
  • My game is a hybrid of a bunch of different games, including 3rd edition

Votes: 25 5.2%
  • I play something completely different, like GURPS or Rolemaster.

Votes: 65 13.4%

tetsujin28

First Post
This is a bizarro poll. I play 3.5 as written, yet still enjoy a wide variety of other games, which doesn't prevent me from believing that 3.5 is the best version of the D&D rules. If we're going to venture into d20 (which to me means, 'not D&D') rulesets, I really can't see anything better for their purposes than Iron Heroes, Spycraft 2.0, and Mutants & Masterminds.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I like to tinker with the rules, but that doesn't mean I'm disillusioned.

The d20 system is a comfortable fit for me, more or less.

dougmander

Explorer
Still happy with D&D 3.5e, don't have any interest in using another system right now. I think this is an exciting time to be a d20 gamer, with lots of new products showing that there's still life left in d20, both in terms of new game worlds and re-interpretations of the system itself.

I'm not one to spend much time wringing my hands over the merits or flaws of a particular game system. I just like to grab some tools from the shelf and get busy playing/creating, and d20 lets me do that.

shaylon

First Post
No complaints here. My current group has changed a couple of rules but they are mostly designed into the homebrew we are playing and less because the rules are "broken".

-Shay

Rashak Mani

First Post
I voted play as written ... but we play besides D&D also Star Wars d20... and we enjoy it a lot ! (Not because we are dissillusioned)

If your dissilusioned I suggest jolting your campaign... or getting friends to play

The_Universe

First Post
I still like 3.5 a great deal, and would play it if I were playing D&D with almost no modifications. However, I am currently playing D20 Modern. Which I also enjoy, and am also not disillusioned with.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads