• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me build my dungeon!!!

Help me add rooms to my new dungeon, The Chaos Maze.
Most should be wierd and wacky combat situations (the people I'm using it with all hack'n'slash). Ex: A room where Jump checks are multiplied by three. Its inhabited by hobgoblin monks on 60' high ledges with maxed out Jump skill. I'm ad-hocing a +1 bonus to damage per 10' jumped :)]).

P.S.-all encounters should be roughly CR 2 or 3.
P.P.S.-I may not be able to post very often as I have limited internet access at home.
P.P.P.S.-I don't need details (tho its fine), I mostly need crazy combat situations. I also don't wan't descriptions of my already-made rooms, I want new room ideas (tho u can add on to my created rooms).

So far I have many rooms:
whirling saw blades and an ogre with a spear

maze of interconnected portals with spiders

a room with boulder traps and whirlpools

a very angular room with archers where arrows bounce off the walls

a room with water suspended in air where locathahs reside,

a room where u can walk on walls and a cube with two gnolls floats in the middle

a watery-floored room with bridges, platforms, and two drow

an entrance room with three portals (to a random other room)

and a bunch of other weird rooms and stuff

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
How about a room with reverse gravity except the enemy is flying and thus immune.

A dwarf in a mechanical fire breathing dragon.

A steel sphere filled with clowns on strange two wheels machines that drive around and around, slashing with swords as they pass.

A library filled with picture books and everytime you open a book it teleports you to another room.

A white water river rafting trip except the river ends in a huge jawed maw.

A giant tree with holes in the trunk and those holes are where monsters live.

A grandmother who bakes muffins and throws them as grenades from behind her kitchen counter.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
A room where the level of positive energy is so damn high, limbs, heads and other body parts move mindless around until they explode. :) Creepy AND weird.

Tanks, keep it coming

Tanks! :D
The clown thing is cool!!!
I already have a reverse gravity room with kobolds who push boulders onto the PCs.
I'm looking for stuff moderately crazy (no clowns :( ), but really cool/interesting/throws teh PCs for a loop.

/map: The entrance has three portals which go to random rooms each time, every room ends in a portal that ports u to a random room. So, feel free to add whatever u want, it just becomes another room in the dungeon.

Patman21967

First Post
Cool room I once did

The room functions like a mirror of Opposition, except the characters who are opposites are immune to their others selves....ie...Brokk the fighter can hurt the other opposites, excepting his own. And have the opposites appear next to each character, and the room prevents detect spells. Creates quite a mess when the Wizard has to target someone else, but has no way of knowing if that is their friend or his " evil twin "

Patman21967 said:
The room functions like a mirror of Opposition, except the characters who are opposites are immune to their others selves....ie...Brokk the fighter can hurt the other opposites, excepting his own. And have the opposites appear next to each character, and the room prevents detect spells. Creates quite a mess when the Wizard has to target someone else, but has no way of knowing if that is their friend or his " evil twin "
Good idea, but with my PCs would probably die (Intelligence=0)

Whisper72

Explorer
Have the classical chess-room. The floor is covered with white and black tiles. The black tiles are trapped: give you an electric jolt of d6 damage. There are several chesspieces on the board who animate and attack the moment a white tile is touched...

They'll have to roll (dex checks) during the fighting not to be pushed/shoved onto the black tiles. The chess-pieces are immune to the lightning/jolt effect...

Halivar

First Post
Polymorphed dragon harem.

If your players are between the ages of twelve and eighteen, they will automatically fall for the bait. If they are not in that age group, there is still a reasonable assumption they will fall for the bait. It may help if you include flavor text, like "One of the girls sort of looks like Nicole Kidman, and this one over here looks like Denise Richards... only prettier!"

Two easy steps to DM mayhem:
1. Get the PC's out of their armor.
2. Ring the dinner bell.

(yes, I stole it; sue me)

Last edited:

Remove ads