• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Here's That SCAG Table of Contents!

WotC's Extra Life charity funding campaign hit $50,000 just now, and as promised they added the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide table of contents to the already released preface. The chapters are Welcome to the Realms, The Swords Coast and the North, Races of the Realms, Classes, Backgrounds, and a two-page appendix dealing with using the aforementioned options in Dragonlance, Eberron, Greyhawk, and Homemade Worlds.

WotC's Extra Life charity funding campaign hit $50,000 just now, and as promised they added the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide table of contents to the already released preface. The chapters are Welcome to the Realms, The Swords Coast and the North, Races of the Realms, Classes, Backgrounds, and a two-page appendix dealing with using the aforementioned options in Dragonlance, Eberron, Greyhawk, and Homemade Worlds.

Find the preface, released yesterday, here. At $60,000, they will release a new cantrip, Greenflame Blade.

toc.jpg

Click here for the PDF version

Irennan

Explorer
Wow, 20 pages on gods is over 12% of the book.

Yeah they did go heavy on the gods, but after the Sundering they need an update. A lot of them are back, so my guess is that they'll be getting a couple lines of update each. Granted that they could have done that through articles, though.

Ainulindalion

First Post
For subclasses, looking at which are plurals and which aren't, I'd say:
Barbarians: 2 or more
Bards: 2 or more
Clerics: 1
Druids: 2 or more
Fighters: 1
Monks: 2 or more
Paladins: 1
Rogues: 2 or more
Rangers: 0
Sorcerers: 1
Warlock: 1
Wizard: 1

The '2 or more' is most likely 2, since the sections aren't very long.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
For subclasses, looking at which are plurals and which aren't, I'd say:
Barbarians: 2 or more
Bards: 2 or more
Clerics: 1
Druids: 2 or more
Fighters: 1
Monks: 2 or more
Paladins: 1
Rogues: 2 or more
Rangers: 0
Sorcerers: 1
Warlock: 1
Wizard: 1

The '2 or more' is most likely 2, since the sections aren't very long.

One copper the two rogue ones are the swashbuckler and the mastermind...

Daern

Explorer
I'm curious about the fighter archetype. I believe the Rogue had the swashbuckler in UA. I hope the fighter option isn't "Mariner". That would be a bit underwhelming.

garydee

Explorer
Wow, 20 pages on gods is over 12% of the book.

Mearls did mention a year or so ago that some FR gods would have their own domains instead of the generic ones available. Perhaps that's why this section is so big or maybe these domains will be put in another FR product.

Irennan

Explorer
Mearls did mention a year or so ago that some FR gods would have their own domains instead of the generic ones available. Perhaps that's why this section is so big or maybe these domains will be put in another FR product.

If those domains are in the book, they will be in the crunchy section regarding the Cleric, not in the middle of a lore section. The gods part is so big, because a lot of them are back, and each will likely receive a small update.

Remove ads

Remove ads