Here's That SCAG Table of Contents!

WotC's Extra Life charity funding campaign hit $50,000 just now, and as promised they added the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide table of contents to the already released preface. The chapters are Welcome to the Realms, The Swords Coast and the North, Races of the Realms, Classes, Backgrounds, and a two-page appendix dealing with using the aforementioned options in Dragonlance, Eberron, Greyhawk, and Homemade Worlds.

WotC's Extra Life charity funding campaign hit $50,000 just now, and as promised they added the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide table of contents to the already released preface. The chapters are Welcome to the Realms, The Swords Coast and the North, Races of the Realms, Classes, Backgrounds, and a two-page appendix dealing with using the aforementioned options in Dragonlance, Eberron, Greyhawk, and Homemade Worlds.

Find the preface, released yesterday, here. At $60,000, they will release a new cantrip, Greenflame Blade.

toc.jpg

Click here for the PDF version

Psikerlord#

Explorer
It's too late for me and FR, I have grown to dislike the "Everything and kitchen sink" approach.

But.... I like the look of those backgrounds and class options! I'll at least browse through it in store out of curiousity...

Osgood

Hero
I've always said the Forgotten Realms can go do prime ministery things to a dead otyugh, but this book appears to have enough portable crunch that I'll pick it up.

Arcshot

First Post
My heart breaks for one thing I don't see, though... Mystara mentioned by name in the other worlds appendix.

Agree. Sometimes I asked myself why is this so. Contents shouldn't be a problem since there is a vast library of old references to look into. Perhaps there are already several other worlds for WOTC to work on for years so Mystara doesn't matter. Perhaps WOTC sees a lack of interest in Mystara from the public. Then I thought maybe WOTC of today do not know much about Mystara so they simply give it a pass.

Barantor

Explorer
Greyhawk being included has me interested a bit more, but I will wait and see if it is mostly fluff and light on crunch or the other way round.

Seeing the ToC has me even more hyped than I thought I would be for this.

Items of interest:

20 (!) pages on the deities of the Realms, including a sidebar on the Mulhorandi gods. Much more than I expected; obviously we're going to get the main ones at least a bit of detail and summaries of the rest. If I remember right, this mention of Mulhorand is the first real indication that that area is back after the... misfortunes of the 4e version of the setting. I wonder how much detail the non-human pantheons will get, and if we'll get at least a run-down of the monstrous deities (there were lots of mentions of monstrous deities, including FR-specific ones, in the MM, and it would be nice to see an extended table).

15 pages on the Lords' Alliance, 8 on the Dwarfholds, 7 on the Island Kingdoms, 26 on Independent Realms, and 4 on the Underdark. That last seems... a bit low. Are they going to just refer people to OotA for more detail? 7 pages for the Island Kingdoms seems a bit high just for islands along the Sword Coast proper, so I have to assume that we're going to get at least coverage for the Moonshaes, if not something on Evermeet.

I'm really happy to see the subraces and racial variants. When starting my OotA campaign, we were wondering about half-elf variants, and, here we go! Also - Aasimar! I know they are in the DMG, but now they will hopefully be street-legal, so to say.

And I can't wait to get into the new class options and backgrounds. Again, these would no doubt have been invaluable when starting the OotA campaign, and I may see players re-rolling or adjusting characters...

Irennan

Explorer
Seeing the ToC has me even more hyped than I thought I would be for this.

Items of interest:

20 (!) pages on the deities of the Realms, including a sidebar on the Mulhorandi gods. Much more than I expected; obviously we're going to get the main ones at least a bit of detail and summaries of the rest. If I remember right, this mention of Mulhorand is the first real indication that that area is back after the... misfortunes of the 4e version of the setting. I wonder how much detail the non-human pantheons will get, and if we'll get at least a run-down of the monstrous deities (there were lots of mentions of monstrous deities, including FR-specific ones, in the MM, and it would be nice to see an extended table).

I think that they'll give a small update to the gods who came back after the Sundering, but that weren't revealed in the various novels, or that were revealed but just through a mention. They'll most likely detail the various racial pantheons as well.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I was actually hoping that they would again just concentrate purely on FR on a FR sourcebook. I understand there are fans of other setting,s but I dont see any reason to simply put stuff in this book because there are. Such GMs should be able to use their gm skills to modify it for their own settings.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

One thing that I noticed that put a little smile on my face: No new feats. :) I may have to pick this up just for some of the extra Archtypes and Backgrounds. The rest I probably won't use at all (don't like the realms, don't play in the realms, aren't likely to play in the realms; but the "Other Worlds" pages is a nice touch :) ).

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads

Remove ads