• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

Here's The Official Pathfinder 2E Character Sheet

Russ Morrissey

Comments

TheBanjoNerd

Villager
This has got to be the ugliest character sheet I've ever seen, and that's coming from someone who has played Anima: Beyond Fantasy. I didn't think it was possible to take the 3.5/PF character sheet and cram even more stuff on a single page.

volanin

Explorer
This has got to be the ugliest character sheet I've ever seen, and that's coming from someone who has played Anima: Beyond Fantasy. I didn't think it was possible to take the 3.5/PF character sheet and cram even more stuff on a single page.
As much as I am anxious for Pathfinder 2E, I have to heartily agree with that!

pogre

Adventurer
I don't know - seems useful to me. I feel like if someone handed me one of these filled out I could run the character with a very basic understanding of the rules. I worry less about the aesthetics.

PabloM

Explorer
I think it's not too bad. It is not pretty, but clear and functional.
It even made me want to try PF2, until I found myself on the second page with the blank space for feat lists and remembered the amount of things I have to handle in game.

RSIxidor

Explorer
Function here is fine but aesthetics were thrown out the window here. Seems fan-created sheets will be nice to have.

I don't like inventory and feats sharing a page. I'd rather have a third page so that there can be room for some notes with each feat.

EDIT: The printer friendly version linked on the Paizo blog looks much better. The color here is really blech.

This has to be a joke. Good lord that is awful to look at. Anyway, if you go with the printer-friendly version its not AS bad. The Playtest version is a thousand times better.

How did this make it by QA?

zztong

Explorer
Its looks useful for those who do things by hand. We tend to use automation. Still, it is a handy reference. For instance, page two does a nice job of indicating when you'll be asked to pick something like a Feat.

Barantor

Explorer
I'm colorblind so maybe that doesn't make it as bad to me? I can find everything so that's the important bit.

I agree that the inventory probably needs it's own page.

doctheweasel

Explorer
In this case the aesthetics play into the functionality.

The most important things on a character sheets are the marks the player makes. In this case the background competes too much with anything you could write here.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Looking at the Armor Class section with all the little tick boxes gave me Rolemaster flashbacks. Or perhaps The Dark Eye with hit locations (yes I know they are not hit locations here).

And I would've never thought I could be scared of feats, but here we are.

Now I wonder if there are not only skill and background and class feats but also feat feats. "We heard you like feats so we put feats in your feats".

Also and I know this is likely old news, but why Occultism? Why? That's such a random change....

TreChriron

Explorer
What happened to the cool radio buttons for proficiency (I really liked that look)? I agree, it's jarring. Maybe just have more free-form areas to write in feats and features? The color is hideous. The printer-friendly sheet is too busy, makes my head hurt.

Advertisement

Advertisement