D&D 5E Here's The Stuff Gale Force 9 Is Releasing For Eberron

The new Eberron setting book comes out next month, and Gale Force Nine has a bunch of stuff lined up to accompany it - maps, DM screens, and more.

The new Eberron setting book comes out next month, and Gale Force Nine has a bunch of stuff lined up to accompany it - maps, DM screens, and more.

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 17.11.20.png

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 17.12.08.png

Screenshot 2019-10-15 at 17.13.02.png

R_J_K75

Legend
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Looking at the photo, it seems to be the same as GF9's other DM screens, which is to say, barely useful. I own both screens that Wizards of the Coast released as well as the Strahd and Mad Mage screens from GF9. The second screen that Wizards put out, the DM Screen Reincarnated, is the best of the officially licensed screens, but that's not saying much. GF9's screens are barely useful at the table. They have info that just isn't relevant to have at-hand. IMHO, there hasn't been a good DM screen released for 5e.
Yeah they usually blow chunks

gyor

Legend
As an FR fan I am so jealeous that Eberron is getting 3 full continent poster maps (at least). I so want full 5e updated and detailed maps of Faerun, Kara Tur, Zakhara, and Maztica.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As an FR fan I am so jealeous that Eberron is getting 3 full continent poster maps (at least). I so want full 5e updated and detailed maps of Faerun, Kara Tur, Zakhara, and Maztica.

Once we have 9 adventure hardcovers set in Eberron, and nowhere else, I think your jealousy might be well-placed. Until then... ;)

(This from the Dragonlance fan who's gotten zilch!)

gyor

Legend
Once we have 9 adventure hardcovers set in Eberron, and nowhere else, I think your jealousy might be well-placed. Until then... ;)

(This from the Dragonlance fan who's gotten zilch!)

I don't care if it's well placed or not, the heart wants, what the heart wants.

gyor

Legend
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Looking at the photo, it seems to be the same as GF9's other DM screens, which is to say, barely useful. I own both screens that Wizards of the Coast released as well as the Strahd and Mad Mage screens from GF9. The second screen that Wizards put out, the DM Screen Reincarnated, is the best of the officially licensed screens, but that's not saying much. GF9's screens are barely useful at the table. They have info that just isn't relevant to have at-hand. IMHO, there hasn't been a good DM screen released for 5e.

What should be on a 5e DMs screen?

Parmandur

Book-Friend

I mean, these aren't WotC products, and they look like reprintings from 4E?

We have been awash in FR maps for years. Admittedly, mostly the Sword Coast, but to be fair the Sword Coast is the size of Europe.

Remove ads

Remove ads