D&D 5E Heroes' Feast - D&D Cookbook

pukunui

Legend
@Morrus Nobody else seems to have started a thread about this, so I thought I would. Yesterday, WotC announced an official D&D cookbook, coming out in October. It's called Heroes' Feast.

80 recipes inspired by the magical world of Dungeons & Dragonsperfect for a solo quest or a feast shared with fellow adventurers.

From the D&D experts behind Dungeons & Dragons Art & Arcana comes a cookbook that invites fantasy lovers to learn about their favorite fictional cultures through their unique cuisines and lifestyles. With this book, you can prepare dishes delicate enough to dine like elves and their drow cousins or hearty enough to feast like a dwarven clan or a boisterous orcish horde. All eighty dishes—developed by a professional chef from one of the country's top test kitchens—are delicious, easy to prepare, and composed of wholesome ingredients readily found in our world.

Heroes' Feast includes recipes for snacking, such as Bytopian Shepherd's Bread, Iron Rations, savory Hand Pies, and Hogs in Bedrolls, as well as hearty vegetarian, meaty, and fish mains, such as Amphail Braised Beef, Hommlet Golden Brown Roasted Turkey, Drow Mushroom Steaks, and Moonshae Seafood Risotto. There are also featured desserts and cocktails—like Heartlands Roseapple & Blackberry Pie, Yawning Portal Biscuit, and Chultan Zombie—and everything in between, to satisfy a craving for any adventure.

Price: $35.00
Release Date: 27 October, 2020
Format: Hardcover, eBook

knD6cwecb_prodth.png

There are some previews: Heroes' Feast | Dungeons & Dragons

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
35$ for 80 recipes is a little pricey, given nowadays most of mine are on the internet, and the previewed ones seem a little basic (I'm a cook, so YMMV) but I'm asking this for my birthday which was delayed due to the pandemic!

Mercurius

Legend
My initial response was "whatever," but I'm actually kind of warming to this as a fun gag for game night. Imagine serving Iron Rations to your players...hokey, but fun.

They better have something called Mountain Brew. One part Mountain Dew, one part an ale of some kind.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The site news generally covers RPGs. :)

Uh, it does?

Front page right now is "change in management at Paizo, Baldur’s Gate III gameplay, GAMA Board shake-up". None of those are RPGs. Though, like WOTC putting out a D&D themed cook book, they're all related in some manner to RPGs. I mean it's a D&D cookbook, how is that less related to D&D than a D&D video game and a change in the management of a company that makes a popular RPG and a change in the board of the game manufacturers association?

This is news. It's definitely news. I am surprised you'd snark on him for mentioning it. I hadn't heard of this, and wanted to read about it, and will be buying it and look forward to it. It's definitely something I'd expect to find on the news page here.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
35$ for 80 recipes is a little pricey, given nowadays most of mine are on the internet, and the previewed ones seem a little basic (I'm a cook, so YMMV) but I'm asking this for my birthday which was delayed due to the pandemic!

My best cookbook, hands down, is An Unexpected Cookbook: The Unofficial Book of Hobbit Cookery. I've gotten hundreds of dollars of entertainment/pleasure out of that book. I suspect this will be similarly useful. Like the Hobbit one, I am guessing there is a lot more to it than the recipe itself. It probably has a lot of historical notes about the food, cultural elements to it, etc..

25499066._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads