D&D 5E Heroes' Feast - D&D Cookbook

Nickolaidas

Explorer
I was about to make a thread about this! I have a thing for recipes and food in RPGs ever since I played Legaia II on my PlayStation 2, and it was revitalized with Final Fantasy XV.

I want to make a house rule where these courses will give temporary buffs to the characters, but they'll also need a hard-to-find ingredient (at least for the stronger buffs) in order to prevent abuse from the PCs.

Remathilis

Legend
My initial response was "whatever," but I'm actually kind of warming to this as a fun gag for game night. Imagine serving Iron Rations to your players...hokey, but fun.

They better have something called Mountain Brew. One part Mountain Dew, one part an ale of some kind.

Better yet, UnderMountain Dew.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Like Mistwell, I've enjoyed some of these themed cookbooks before and am likely to get this. But honestly, for table use, a hobbit-themed one is way better. First, because the focus will be on being yummy rather than punny, and secondly, if I have a character who's going to be cooking stuff in game, it's going to be a halfling.

I'm super-excited for this. Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home is still a book I use for recipes now and then. Though, that time I tried to make the Lunitari cookies, that didn't go as well as I would've liked.

I'm hoping for more cocktail recipes, too. Always on the lookout for those. I'm curious about the Chultan Zombie - there are already at least a dozen different variations on the zombie, so how will this one differentiate itself?

Daniel Myers has written both dwarven and halfling cookbooks. The recipes are both tasty and tied to authentic medieval recipes while still evoking their respective fantasy cultures.

Retreater

Legend
This reminds me of the Star Wars Wookie Cookies. Just publish recipes and give them punny names.
Man, we gamers must have a lot of disposable income.

Remove ads