HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 5

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok is more than a little annoyed with that old giant throwing a javelin at him. "If I ever see that giant again he will meet the end of my falchion."

Thallok then follows Lathir/orc down the hallway to find the rest of their friends.

GM:
As per our chat discussion, you will end up in Square #21-U
 
Last edited by a moderator:

log in or register to remove this ad

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hill Giants In Chaos!

Thallok rushes out of the Feast Hall, into the Eastern Hallway, and rounds the corner to see that he will soon get the chance to fulfill his vow, as it seems that the Stone Giant Elders have not fled as far away as he had initially thought!

Hill Giant #19 continues to bleed out.

GM: Hill Giant #19 [-9, Dying]


Hill Giant #9, who is in extreme pain, shouts out, to the party: "Lütfen! Kurtar beni! Eğer ağabeyimi ve ben yedeklerseniz, size tüm Nosnra'nın sırlarını anlatacağız! Lüüüüüüüütfen! Ölmemize izin verme!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant] "Please! Save me! If you spare my brother and I, we will tell you all of Nosnra's secrets! Pleeeeaaasse! Don't let us die!"[/sblock]

Hill Giants #9, and #18 continue to lay flat on their stomachs.

Hill Giant #15, seeing his friend die by Dewydd's hand, and eyeing his whining comrades with disgust, rallies, and reaches over to pick up the sword that #14 dropped!

GM:
Giant's Base AC: 23
Kneeling: AC 21
Dewydd's Attack Roll: (23) = Hit
Damage: 16 pts.
Hill Giant #15 has taken a total of 107 pts. of damage. Hill Giant #15 goes down!


As the Giant tries to stand, Dewydd crowds him, stabbing him in the neck as he tries to rise; the Giant is too weak from his numerous wounds to evade the blow, and it strikes true, ripping the flesh of his carotid artery! He drops the sword that he just picked up, as he clutches his throat, and collapses back onto the table, where he begins to bleed out!

GM: Hill Giant #15 [-5, Dying]


Hill Giant #12 runs along the length of his table, passing over his surrendered comrade (#13) moving toward #15, and after moving a distance of 20 feet, he leaps into the air, launching himself southeastward, hoping to land on the bottom lip of the fire pit.

GM:
Giant has 20 ft. running start.
Giant needs to clear a 20 ft. distance.
Base speed 40'; Banded mail brings it down to 30' (so, no speed modifier)
Jump Check DC: 20
Jump Check: (22) Success!


The Giant succeeds in his attempt, although his purpose remains unclear.

Hill Giants #10 and #13 remain on their respective tables, kneeling, hands behind their heads. The grim reminder of #15's defiance is fresh upon their minds!

Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9h.png


Hill Giants #20 and #21, despite being empty-handed, desperately attack the mysterious someone, in an effort to save their own lives!

GM:
Full-round action: 4 slams (2 per Giant)
Attack #1: 22 (Miss)
Attack #2: 24 (Miss)
Attack #3: 28 (Hit); Damage: 9 pts.
Attack #4: 31 (Hit); Damage: 10 pts.
Someone has taken a total of 65 pts. of damage. Someone is ticked off.


Giant #20 swings wildly, neither of his blows being able to land solidly; however, his attacks cause the mysterious someone to dodge into the oncoming path of his comrade's blows, both of which land with solid THUDS.

Undeterred, the mysterious someone continues his assault!

GM:
Someone is still calling 10 pts. power attack.

Attack #1: (28) Hit; Damage: 24
Attack #2: (45/34) Hit; Damage: 38
Attack #3: (38) Hit; Damage: 20
Attack #4: (41) Hit; Damage: 15 (Giant #20 drops (-10, DEAD), moving on to #21)
Attack #5: (30) Hit; Damage: 20
Attack #6: (30) Hit; Damage: 29 (Giant #21 is SEVERELY WOUNDED, having taken a total of 76 pts. damage.)


Tam and Dewydd, the only two party members close enough to hear the southern battle, hear a gurgling scream of Giantish agony, which ends suddenly, followed by terrified, pitiful screams which do not cease. The sounds of the heavy rain outside drown the cries of anguish before they can reach the ears of the other party members.

Ogre #5, knowing his life depends on it, fights valiantly, bringing his greatsword down on the mysterious someone, and scoring a nasty hit!

GM:
Attack Roll: (26) Hit; Damage: 16 pts. (Someone has taken a total of 81 pts. of damage.)



GM: ELSEWHERE:


Tim roars in anger, when he spots the object of his hatred! He charges Kleborn, but only because he is standing between him and his tasty, Dwarven dinner!

GM:
Tim must make 4 balance checks to charge through the grease. DC 10.
First check: (19): Success!
Second check: (5): Fail
Tim falls prone in squares Q,R 5


The animal, following both its training, and its rage, falls prey to the Grease spell, not being wise enough to realize what it is until it is too late! The bear falls flat on its face, prone, directly in front of Kleborn!

GM: Prone opponent in Melee: -4 AC penalty.


Hill Giant #3 chucks a rock at Dewydd! But he mis-judges the elevation, and the rock sails 2 feet above Dewydd's head!

GM: Attack Roll: (20): Miss.


[sblock=The Great Hallway]
00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b3.png
[/sblock]


VALE: It's your turn! The Dire Bear is prone in front of Kleborn! More Giants have just appeared inside the room! What do you do?




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

6th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Kleborn: 22
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Someone Else Who's Coming Next Round: 21c
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15b
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Injured (9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-5)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Vale Attacks Tiny Tim! Bah Humbug!

~ Grrr! ~

Muttering to himself in dwarvish, "Zeit, den Bären zu stechen"

[sblock=For those who read and speak dwarvish] "Time to poke the bear." [/sblock]

Vale moves with purpose, using the haste spell as efficiently as possible. He moves around Kleborn adjacent the fallen bear without entering the greased area, and with two hands, he slams Val into the bear twice, and then moves back around Kleborn toward the east as far as his movement allows. Perhaps that will goad the bear into charging again, opening up an opportunity for Kleborn to put his back into dealing with the bear, or creating another slip and fall.

OOC: Power Attack (-4 for +8 dmg) with the Axe with both hands, w/ Haste: Base attack is 12 with +2 from Haste, +2 from the Axe -4 for Pwr Attk = +12; Attacks are 15 & 14.
Damage = 1d10+9 = 19, 10 = 29 points
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Judgment of the Axe!

GM: DM NOTE: I forgot that Kleborn had a readied attack action available, so I will resolve it as the same time as Vale's attack. I also forgot the bear's barb damage.


The Dungeon Master said:
Once someone is damaged by a barb, the barb remains in them until removed; removing it is a full round action which will cause 1d6+3 pts. of damage to the victim. Whenever someone with a barb moves (even if they move out of the initial area) they will take 1d4+2 pts. of damage per square of movement taken, as the barb continues to gouge them.

GM:
Tim charged 15 ft. He takes 3d4+6 damage from the barb. He was already down by 9 hit pts. Roll = 12 pts.
Tim has taken a total of 21 pts. damage so far.


As the bear slips in the grease, Kleborn smiles, his sword coming down onto the hapless bear with two quick, succinct strokes!

GM:
Bear's Base AC: 17
Prone: AC 13
Charging: AC 11
Attack #1 (Normal, readied action): (31) Hit; Damage: 16 pts.
Attack #2 (Haste action): (23) Hit; Damage: 13 pts.
Tim has taken a total of 50 pts. damage.


The bear roars in agony as Kleborn's mithral blade tears his flesh!

Almost as soon as this has happened, Vale steps around his friend, to deliver two more blows against the downed bear!

Vale said:
"...Vale moves with purpose...He moves around Kleborn adjacent the fallen bear without entering the greased area..."

GM: Since the bear is prone, it does not threaten any squares. Vale can move without provoking attacks of opportunity.



GM:
Attack #1 (See Vale's post above): Hit, 19 pts. Damage.
Attack #2 (See Vale's post above): Hit, 10 pts. Damage.
Tim has taken a total of 79 pts. of damage.


Vale's chops are every bit as impressive as Kleborn's, and the bear is dire trouble, being wounded 4 times in the space of a few seconds! The bear's fur is soaked in blood, as the stone barbs, and the blows from Kleborn and Vale have all taken a serious toll!

Valoran says, in Common: "There, there, Fido! Go to sleep. Good boy!" in a mocking tone!

[sblock=Valoran speaking to Vale, Mentally]~I hate to kill a dumb animal, but I can sense that his mind is warped and twisted, from years of conditioning and cruel treatment. Best to put him out of his misery.~[/sblock]


GM: ELSEWHERE:


The Ogre Sous Chef fights for his life! He snarls in defiance, swinging his meat cleaver wildly, like a rabid animal!

GM:
Attack #1: (18) Miss
Attack #2: (18) Miss


As sharp as the cleaver is, it cannot pierce the tough hide of the unknown foe!

In the kitchen, the remaining 3 Orc Servants fight a desperate battle against the remaining 10 Dire Wolves, fighting furiously with crude, homemade shanks. One Wolf yelps with pain, as one of the Orcs guts him!



GM: In the Great Hallway:


Suddenly, the door that Tam spiked shut slams open, having been kicked from the other side! Two female Giantesses emerge, both wearing servants clothes, carrying enormous rolling pins!

The first Maid through the door points her rolling pin at Travis, and screams in anger!

Maid #1: "Bütün bunlar ne? Evimize girmeye ve erkek milletimize saldırmaya cesaretin var mı? ÖLMEK!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"What's all this? You dare to enter our home, and attack our men-folk? DIE!"[/sblock]

As she says this, her companion, who bears a family resemblance, enters the hallway behind her, and attacks Sylvar!

GM:
Maid #1: Move action to bust the door, move action to enter the hallway.
Maid #2: Move action to reach current position, attack action vs. Sylvar.

Sylvar AC: 19
Haste: +2 (AC 21)
Attack Roll: (29) Hit; Damage: 9 pts.


The Giantess clocks Sylvar across the face with her rolling pin, causing him to spit teeth!
GM: Sylvar has taken a total of 36 pts. of damage so far.


[sblock=Positions of Combatants in The Great Hallway]
00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b4.png
[/sblock]



GM: In the main Feast Hall:


Hill Giant #6 continues to bleed out!

Hill Giant #4 throws a rock at Dewydd!

GM:
Attack #1: 19 + 8 = (27) Miss, just barely... (Dewydd's AC is 34, but a natural 20, which is almost what happened, would have hit.)


Hill Giant #4, like his comrade before him, a few moments ago, mis-judges the elevation, and another rock goes sailing above Dewydd's head!



We are now in ROUND 7! RESPEN: It's Your Turn! There are new threats in the Great Hallway! What do you do?


[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
Someone Else: 21c
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [36 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = GRAVELY WOUNDED (79)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Remaining Durations of The Party's Buff Spells:]
This total is as of the Seventh Round of combat:

Dewydd's Buffs:
Abjurant Armor [+8] 10 hours [6,000 Rounds] = 5,976 Rounds Remaining
Alter Self 50 minutes. [500 Rounds] = 476 Rounds Remaining
Shield [+8] 12 minutes. [120 Rounds] = 96 Rounds Remaining
Protection from Evil 10 minutes. [100 Rounds] = 76 Rounds Remaining
Blur 5 minutes. [50 Rounds] = 26 Rounds Remaining
Sheltered Vitality 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 52 Rounds Remaining

Interfaith Blessing (Everyone) 6 minutes. [60 Rounds] = 36 Rounds Remaining

Bull's Strength (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 86 Rounds Remaining
Cat's Grace (Lathir) 11 Minutes. [110 Rounds] = 100 Rounds Remaining

Greater Invisibility (Tam) 11 Rounds. = 3 Rounds Remaining.
Haste (Everyone Except Tam & Lathir) 11 Rounds. = 3 Rounds Remaining

Shield (Nel) 4 Minutes. [40 Rounds] = 32 Rounds Remaining.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Respen's Action

GM: Posting for Respen, as per our discussion today at lunch.


Respen said:
"...Respen will cast a Grease spell, with the top left corner being in square N24, and the bottom right corner being in square O23; he will then move to square V13."

GM:
Reflex Save DC 14
Maid #1 Save: (6) Fail
Maid #2 Save: (8) Fail


Respen turns his attention to the new arrivals, and decides to give Sylvar and Sir Duncan's band a nice present: he invokes an arcane phrase, and creates a field of Grease between the two Giantesses!

Both of them are caught by surprise, and curse Respen strongly in their language, as they both fall to the floor, prone!

GM: Maid #1 and Maid #2: -4 AC vs Melee (Prone)


Snickering with glee, Respen backs up, giving Sylvar, Duncan, and the others room to operate.

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5.png

Nelvandra sneers with delight. "Well done, my lovely. Now, let's put the bear's lights out."

GM:
Magic Missile: 2 bolts: Total damage = 4 pts.
Tim has taken a total of 83 pts. damage so far.


Nelvandra points at Tim, and utters a single, arcane word, and two, little bolts of light race toward him! The bear wails in agony as the bolts slam into him, but in testimony to his great stamina, the animal does not yet die!

Kraven takes aim at Dewydd! He lets four arrows fly in rapid succession, in a dazzling display of bowmanship!

GM:
Distance to Dewydd: 70 ft.
Dewydd's current AC with all buffs: 34
Attack #1: (27) Miss
Attack #2: (26) Miss
Attack #3: (14) Miss
Attack #4: (8) Miss


Any normal man would now be a pin cushion, but Dewydd's many spells mislead, deflect, and absorb the arrows, preventing them from doing Dewydd any harm whatsoever!


GM: Meanwhile, in the other room...


THE NARRATOR: "Stop me if you've heard this one: A giant-sized Drow, a beautiful Giantess, and a Troll walk into a feast hall..."

The Drow (you remember that Nelvandra said his name was Glimval... but he looks a lot bigger now... taller even than the Giantess he is with) is taken aback, when he sees a gray mist pouring into the room from the feast hall; acting quickly, he activates two of his magic items, and moves into position, casting a spell at the mist...

GM:
Move action for Drow: Open door, move into room (current position)
Swift Action for Drow: Clicks heels together to activate boots (magical item)
Standard Action for Drow: Cast Dispel Magic
Haste Action for Drow: Turns ring 45 degrees clockwise to activate (magical item)
Dispel DC for Respen's Grave Mist: (10+11) = 21.
Caster Check: (13) Failed.


Glimval frowns as his spell fails to drive away the dull, gray mist! "Çift kapıya git!" he barks. "Kimsenin izin vermeyin!"

[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Get to the double doors! Don't let anyone through!"[/sblock]

The beautiful, scantily-clad Giantess, and the Troll move across the room, and lower the bar across the doors! Then they both brace themselves against the doors, leaning into it with their strong backs!


Current Positions of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9i.png



DEWYDD: It's Your Turn! Someone to the North is barking orders! What do you do?



[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20[30 Damage]
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [36 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = GRAVELY WOUNDED (83)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Meanwhile, Tam wants to continue attacking this Giant Prince; however, upon seeing this Hill Giant step onto the opposite rim of the fire pit, Tam has a sudden and sickening suspicion that the Giant wants to kill the dangling prisoners --- especially the cute halfling girl.
At point blank range, Tam fires two more Elven arrows at the Giant.

The first arrow: 17 (base roll)
The second arrow: 1!!! Critical Fail?

OOC: WHAT? Oh, rats.

OOC: Did the arrow have a flaw in it? Double rats.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir / Orc frowns at the prospect of fighting a war on two fronts. He can hear the commotion behind and in front. He does not yet know that the room ahead has only the one egress. He quickly moves forward toward Vale, keeping to the right side of the room so that he can see into the room beyond the bear.

When he feels that he is close enough, he stops takes a deep breath and lets it out in a low pitched hum. The hum is fairly audible when he brings his hands together in front of him and claps his fists, the spear in his right fist pointing toward the room. When he does, he summons forth an ally of Nature to aid in the fight, calling a large earth elemental into the room as far behind the bear as possible so that it will engage the others there.

OOC: Lathir sacrifices Baleful Polymorph for Summon Nature's Ally V.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Introducing Koralynn Copperstrike, Newly-Minted Dwarven Widow

Dewydd said:

Upon hearing the new threats on all sides, I let out a small sigh. "Yaşamak istiyorsanız dur ve dövüş. Burada kalmayı tercih ederseniz güvenliğini garanti edemem."


[sblock=If you speak Giant]"Stand and fight if you wish to live. I cannot guarantee your safety if you choose to remain here."[/sblock]


I want to fly toward the prisoners and cut one of their bonds. I'll fly her around the grave mist and sit her on the other side of the doors leading into this banquet hall. On the flight there, I'd like to draw my Masterwork Alchemical Silver Handaxe as part of the move action and give it to her. "Help those four - I'm going to try and rescue the other two prisoners," I whisper and hand her the axe.


I'll try to rescue them in the order of D1 > D2 > H1.

GM:
All three prisoners are female. All of the prisoners are "clothed" in cheesecloth garments, which have been soaked in wine and butter. Of the two Dwarven females, one looks significantly more muscular than the other. (D1)

The prisoners have their wrists tied together with cooking string; think of the way you would use cooking string to tie up the legs of a turkey that you're putting into an oven, and then imagine that on a Hill Giant's scale. Their ankles are bound in the same manner; there are metal chains which are attached firmly to the ceiling, which have dull, metal, cargo hooks on the low-hanging end.

The prisoners are hanging from their wrist bonds, which have simply been slung on the hooks, in the same manner that one would hang a bunch of bananas on a fruit hanger.



GM:
Dewydd's unencumbered movement with Haste: 60 ft.
Dewydd's movement with Haste, carrying a medium load: 50 ft.
Normal move action: Draw axe, and move to D1's position. (20 ft.)
Double move action: Hoist the Dwarf off of the cargo hook (as part of the move action), fly her to the East corridor, and land safely with her. (50 ft.) Drop-off point: Square E24 of the Great Hallway.
Haste move action: Cut the bonds of the Dwarf (as part of the move action), drop the handaxe (free action to drop) and fly back to D2's position. (50 ft.)


GM:
Prisoner #1 (D1) [Dwarf]: 48" (4'0") tall, "heavy" build (muscular) 131 pounds.
Prisoner #2 (D2) [Dwarf]: 52" (4'4") tall, "medium" build (average) 122 pounds.
Prisoner #3 (H1) [Halfling]: 38" (3'2") tall, "athletic" build (in-shape, small frame) 80 pounds.

Dewydd's max load: 200 lbs. Dewydd's armor is Abjurant (i.e., a spell, completely weightless.)
Therefore, even with his other miscellaneous gear, carrying the three prisoners is well-within his ability.


As Dewydd drops off the first Dwarf, and hands her the axe, she says: "Thank you for rescuing me, good sir. My name is Koralynn Copperstrike, and I will NOT let you down!"

Current Position of All Combatants:

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9j.png




Koralynn charges the Giantess Maid (#1), screaming: "Make way, for the Angry Dwarf with an axe to grind!!"

GM:
Koralynn charges through Duncan and Travis' squares, since they are un-engaged, and friendly; this does not disrupt their formation, or hinder them in any way.


GM:
Koralynn's AC: 13
Charging: AC 11
Base Attack: +6 (Masterwork: +7)
Charging: +2 (+9 total)
Maid Base AC: 17
Prone: AC 13
Attack Roll: (26) Hit
Damage: 1d6+3 = 8 pts.
Tumble check to avoid running into Duncan and Travis: DC 10. Roll = (11) Success.


Koralynn rushes forward, incredibly light on her feet for such a large, bulky Dwarf! She nimbly side-steps Duncan and Travis, giving them a wink and a nod as she does so.

Koralynn says, "Pardon me, boys!"

Koralynn brings the axe down on the prone maid with the fury of a newly-minted widow! The wound is superficial, because of the Giantess' thick skin, nevertheless, it draws blood, and fuels anger!

Koralynn screams, "DIE, IN THE NAME OF MY DEAD HUSBAND, MALLOK COPPERSTRIKE!!"



Current Positions in the Great Hallway:

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5a.png


GM: UP NEXT: Resolution of Tam, Lathir, and Sylvar's actions! Stay tuned!




[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir: 19b [5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)= Injured (8)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = GRAVELY WOUNDED (83)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 =Grievously Wounded (93) Half Move 24 Hrs [RALLIED]
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 26 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 6 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Rise of the Elemental!

GM:
Tam's base roll of 17 is a total of 29, which hits.
Damage: 2d4+1: (7) + Sneak Attack (3d6): (9) = 16 pts.
Hill Giant #12 has taken a total of 109 pts. of damage. Hill Giant #12 goes down! (-7)


Tam takes aim at the Giant whom he believes seeks to do the prisoners harm; being invisible, Tam has the drop on the big brute, and is able to sink his first arrow in the Giant's throat apple; the Giant gasps with horror as he slumps to the ground, bleeding horribly!

Tam's second arrow, which had been aimed in the same spot, misses, because the target is no longer where it was; the Giant is no longer standing. Thanks to Tam's first arrow, the malevolent Giant is now piled into a bleeding heap of misery on the lip of the fire pit!

00-Big-Battle-Map-Giant-Great-Hall-001-L9k.png

Lathir advances forward until he's about even with Respen, then casts a spell; a large, Earth Elemental suddenly appears in the room, just behind the bear, and attacks!

GM:
Attack #1: (24) Hits; Damage: 16 pts.
Attack #2: (28) Hits; Damage: 15 pts.
Tim has taken a total of 114 pts. of damage. Tim goes down! (-9)


Out of the cobblestone floor, an Earthy Behemoth rises like an avenging angel, slamming the bear with its massive fists! The first blow knocks 8 of the bear's teeth out, and the second blow spins the bear's neck around like a toy top, with a sickening crunch! Tim, who had been attempting to stand, collapses back onto the floor, and ceases to move!

00-Giant-Steading-Hallway-Map-001-A6b5b1.png


SYLVAR: It's Your Turn! What do you do?





[sblock=Initiative Order / DM Housekeeping]
Initiative Order:

7th Round:

Respen: 25[9 Damage]
Nelvandra: 21a
Hill Giant Prince (Kraven): 21b
The Drow: 21c
The Troll: 21d
The Beautiful Giantess: 21e
Dewydd: 20a[30 Damage]
Koralynn Copperstrike (D1 / K): 20b
Tam-Tam: 19a
Lathir & Earth Elemental: 19b [Lathir: 5 Damage]
Sylvar: 19c [27 Damage]
Priestess Vulka (W): 19d1
Chief Nosnra (N): 17a
Duncan: 17b
Ebony: 17c
Lenny: 17d
Trav: 17e
Dire Wolves: 17f
Elder Kurok (S2): 16a
Elder Kragg (S3): 16b
Thallok: 16c [2 Damage]
Hill Giant Guests (The Two Prone Brothers) (9 and 18): 16d
Hill Giant Guests (Rallied) (#12): 16e
Hill Giant Guests (Surrendered) (10,13): 16f
Hill Giant Guests (Fighting Someone Mysterious) (19,20, and 21): 16g
Someone Mysterious: 16h
Remaining Ogre Guard (#5): 15a
Kleborn: 15b
Tim (Vulka's Dire Bear): 15c
Remaining Hill Giant Commander (#3): 13
Vale: 10 [9 Damage]
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2): 9
Orc Servants: 7
Giantess Maid #1: 5
Giantess Maid #2: 4
Remaining Hill Giant Guards (4 & 6): 0 (DEAD LAST)


Someone Mysterious =Significantly Wounded (81) Not visible

Prince Kraven =Moderately Wounded (67)
Snoggrella (M1)= Injured (8)
Ogre Chef (Ogre #1) = Dead
Ogre Sous Chef (Ogre #2) = Injured (8) + (9 Non-Lethal = 17 Total) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
Ogre Sous Chef (#3) = Dead
Ogre #4 = Dead
Ogre #6 = Dead
Ogre #7 = Dead
Ogre #8 = Dead
Tiny = Dead
Tim = Dying (-9)
Bison = Dead
The Drider = Dead
Nosnra = Moderately Wounded ("Bloodied") (75) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Vulka =Severely Wounded (192) 1 Negative Level Half Move 24 Hrs
Delliak = Dead
Darris = Dead
Elder Kanor (S1)= Dead
Elder Kurok (S2)= Injured (38) 1 Negative Level
Elder Kragg (S3)= Injured (3)
H1 =Dead
H2 = Dead
H3 =Moderately Wounded (59) Half Move 24 Hrs
H4 =Moderately Wounded (44) Half Move 24 Hrs
H5 =Dead
H6 = Dying (-6)
H7 =Dead
H8 = Dead
H9 =Severely Wounded (71) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H10 =Moderately Wounded (46) Half Move 24 Hrs [Surrendered]
H11 =Dead
H12 = Dying (-7)
H13 =Moderately Wounded (67) [Surrendered]
H14 =Dead
H15 = Dying (-5)
H17 =Dead
H18 =Severely Wounded (63) [Surrendered]
H19 =Dying (-9) Half Move 24 Hrs, Not visible
H20 =Dead
H21 =Severely Wounded (76) Not visible
H22 =Dead
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Notes To Himself]
Doing Things In Room #17: Orc Servants, Dire Wolves

Doing Things In Room #1: Someone Mysterious, Sous Chef Ogre #2, Hill Giant #20, Hill Giant #21, Ogre #5

Elven Arrows Remaining (Tam): 24 (Out of a max of 36; 4 were broken in the canyon, 8 have been fired here, in the feast hall. Tam hasn't checked to see if they can be retrieved yet.)
[/sblock]
 

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar shakes off the fog left by the giantess' rolling pin and clears his mouth of blood, spitting it on the ground. As he draws arrows to feed his bow, Sylvar thinks to himself...~~So far in the last month I've been stabbed at by Orcs, discovered a massive conspiracy,been called a fool by an Orc turned do-gooder, threatened by miscreants, hiked in the rain, used up all my good spells, slept in the cold, subsisted on field rations and fallen in with a Pomarj Orc, a diminutive footpad, and a Drow Princess, and slapped in the face with a rolling pin by this overgrown galley wench...I am beginning to feel quite IRRITATED.~~

Sylvar takes one step backwards so that he is out of range of the giantesses, takes aim and fires three arrows in quick succession.

OOC: Sylvar takes a one step adjustment to R-23...fires on maid #1... Rolls to hit, 25/27/38... Crit confirmed with a 26. Damage rolls 9/8/23 for a total of 40 hp of damage
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top