D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Good. If you do have to fight, I suggest staying close to me."

He pockets the coins and chuckles as he gives one of of the slingshots a test shot, aiming back into the jail room just for fun, then, pockets it and a pouch full of ammunition.

"Well, that was fun, might come in handy as well. Now, lets see if we can get out of here safely."

And he turns to the next door.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Liam will cast Find Familiar. That’s an hour and ten minutes, I guess. But Theremin’s using the extra ten minutes to use Inspiring Leader, so it works. He’ll hold off on Detect Magic for now, but will hold on to the spear.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/1:37 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

The decapitation is grim work, but it seems to work. The corpses don’t twitch anymore. Liam gets his ritual off, and the party gets its rest as the cold wind blows through the open top chamber of the tower.

((Roll your hit dice if you like and let me know what you’d like to do next. Liam has his tressym.))

DUNGEON

Beturea picked up a sling and a bag of shot as well, giving it a few test swings to refamiliarize herself before following Owyn. The next door is locked, but from the inside, so Owyn doesn’t have a problem opening it. It leads to a set of dark stairs. Beturea’s torch illuminates it a bit.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Asleep 8r PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Asleep 8r PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Asleep 8r PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"I think we need to see what's below, if anything." Coriana says, approaching the stairs.

''I agree. We also still need to find that merchant.'' After giving Sayine an affectionate caress on her heck, Theremin loads his crossbow and follows the others, ready for action.

OOC: HP for the rest were already rolled in post 1007. Don't forget your 8 temporary HP from inspiring leader.

Theremin stealth roll = 17

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/1:40 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

The party went down the stairs quietly and opened the door to the next room. An hour ago they had seen the spirit of the kobold sorceress float through, with cowering kobolds in the corner. There was no sign of ghost or kobolds any longer. The room contained three old tables filled with old glassware stained with overcooked chemicals, candle stubs, shelves filled with jars and other reagents. One of the tables had collapsed, spilling glassware to shatter over the stones. Everything was covered in dust. The room appeared to fill a quarter of the tower space, with another door on the right wall. The stairs continued down from the landing.

DUNGEON

Owyn opened the door at the top of the stairs. Once-ornate rugs, time-worn and moth-eaten, covered the floor. Sconces on the walls held small glass orbs enchanted with continuous flame and provided normal illumination. Ragged paintings and tapestries adorned the walls. Across the room, stairs circled up to the next level of the tower. To the right, in the north wall, was a pair of double doors. A kobold in leather armor with a shield and spear stood in front of the doors, looking around nervously toward what appeared to be the tower entrance filled with solid oak doors, or at the stairs. Occasionally an unarmored kobold rushed here or there across the room, looking a little panicked.

“Oh, my!” Beturea whispered from behind Owyn.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 Bound PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 Bound PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 Bound PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra will sneak into the room while keeping a look out and move up to the door to the right. She will listen at the door for a little bit, then check to see if it is locked or trapped.
OOC: I'll make all the rolls at once and we can just discard any extra rolls if something happens before she gets to them.
Stealth to move into the room: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28
Perception to keep watch in the room: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
Perception to listen at the door: 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9
Investigation to look for locks or traps on the door: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9
Well she was real good in the room, but not so good with the door apparently. Luckily as far as anyone else can tell she did just fine with the door. ;)

Remove ads