• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes...Season 1--10/16/06 Esp#4

Mad Hatter

First Post
You should be shot Taelorn. :D Just kidding, I really am just kidding. They spelled it out in this episode, but I still believe that there wasn't anything leading up to it. But I like this show and they made his ability believable now. And they've nerfed it. If he kept the ability or didn't have to be close by to whoever, then it would be crazy.

And, Niki's husband will be joining the cast soon. In the promor pics, he's the only black bald guy. They don't show the bad guys in the promos.

One theory I'm working on for Niki's ability is that maybe Niki created the alternate personality to deal with her abilities. Sorta like the classical psychological condition. I think she was able to manipulate the mirrors and she saw it one day and couldn't deal. Thus you get the birth of an alternate ego who can deal with this scary prospect of being really different. The two Nikis would be separate entities, which would explain why Bad!ace Niki said "our kid". At any rate even if part of her power is Evil!twin Niki, I think it's completely her own and not her the ghost of her husband since he isn't a ghost at all.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Victim said:
Of course, Nikki's powers have interfered with recordings before, and she was in her alternate personality mode at the time.

Except they showed the last bit of that scene through the camera's pov and it wasn't all snowed out. Perhaps it's something she can control or only happens when she needs to protect herself.

Shalimar

First Post
GlassEye said:
Except they showed the last bit of that scene through the camera's pov and it wasn't all snowed out. Perhaps it's something she can control or only happens when she needs to protect herself.

I believe it was only snowed out since she couldn't handle what she was seeing.

TwistedBishop

First Post
The show, despite some serious pacing issues early on and even some blah characters (Niki the Split-Personality Psychopathic Stripper Hero), is proving itself a real winner. Glad to see they're getting people together, should help smooth out the disjointed storylines. Loved the nod to Rain Man for Hiro. Yet another awesome cliffhanger.

bodhi

First Post
Shalimar said:
I believe it was only snowed out since she couldn't handle what she was seeing.
You mean a mental block on Niki's part?

Because, y'know, it'd be neat if Evil Niki has the combat skills (and superstrength? speed?), and Good Niki has the Jam Electronics power.

Shalimar

First Post
I believe that we saw what Niki saw, ie the snow, just like we see what the mirror Niki does when Niki looks in the mirror. Its all in Niki's imagination, we just get treated to seeing what Niki thinks she sees, not what actually happens.

bodhi

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I think I didn't mishear it, so what can we make of Nikki talking about "threatening _our_ kid"?
I have no idea how accurate it actually is, but it's not uncommon for secondary personalities (in fiction) to be aware of the primary, especially "defense" personalities, which emerge to "protect" the primary. The Evil Twin says "Niki's not here" just before she thrashes the goon.

But it does indicate she feels Micah is her son, as well as Niki's.

Hm. I wonder if Niki's carrying around any other personalities as well.

Mad Hatter

First Post
I'm going with Mirror Niki probably deleted the footage of the killings in her garage. I don't think the camera snowed when she and Nathan were making with the whoopee because Mirror Niki was doing what Linderman wanted her to and what Real Niki couldn't, which was get something over Nathan. So it would behoove Mirror Niki to actually let Big Brother have a peek.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
joshhg said:
Hiro was great. My first thought seeing him was "Hiro has a son who controls time too!" Looks compleatly different.

And now for some random points/ideas:
  • Niki, if she has a mental problem, she has dissociative identity disorder
    (new name for split personality disorder), not schizophrenia, a congnitive disorder.
  • Any one else think that if she has any super power, she has super strength? Because she has beaten up the guy in the elevator and dismembered or at least folded the corpses.
  • I think Issac's ability isn't nessasarly drug dependent. While one could draw corralations between previous cultures belief in that visions were brought forth by a drugged state; I think that it is probably a purely mental block, like with Niki and her second personality having the powers, if she has any at all.
  • I hope that the kid has powers
  • Peter gets a scar?
  • I think the dude with Mister Bennet is Niki's husband, because the medalian he has is just like the scar Niki has on her back. But while I don't think he is Syler, I must admit that it is possible.
  • Sword!!!

As for Nathan's wife, the creater of the show, Tim King, has given a spoiler about her on his website, http://www.9thwonders.com/.
[sblock] She is apparently disabled, or at least crippled, and that is why we havn't seen her yet [/sblock]

That's all for now, any one else have any ideas?
As for Niki, she doesn't need super powers to have elevated (super) strength. Hysterical strength could account for that, brought on by her other personality's not using the body's natural governor. And since the brain never really forgets anything without being damaged the same applies to her fighting ability. The other personality could tap into all those fight scenes that she's watched over the years... :heh: (Oh yeah, Claire should have no memory! She may be able to regenerate brain cells, but once you've been dead for more than 15 minutes (usually) the memory chains start breaking down. Regeneration will not help with that! The regen will set them back to zero.)

Nathan is obviously an idiot if he can't see that what he's doing will come back an bite him in the @$$ at some point. (But that seems to be the case.)

Given Future Hiro's new look, I'd really like to see 'our' Hiro's take on grim and gritty vigilanties in the comics!

Remove ads