• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hivemind] Summoning the Hive! We're back in bussiness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomling

First Post
Yeah, clerical archer sounds like a good bet (especially if you have an elf). Wouldn't be your typical guy with a mace and full plate though, I guess!

:D

Cedric

First Post
Was thinking, elven god of archery from the FR (forgot the name), War and Elf domains (for the free point blank shot and weapon focus).

Then take straight cleric levels ... none of the splat prestige classes, but take all of my archery feats.

I thought about being a wood elf, but they just get screwed, probably just go with standard high elf, chain shirt, etc.

When you take weapon focus are longbow and composite longbow separate on the list?

Cedric

randomling

First Post
Cedric said:
Was thinking, elven god of archery from the FR (forgot the name), War and Elf domains (for the free point blank shot and weapon focus).

Then take straight cleric levels ... none of the splat prestige classes, but take all of my archery feats.

I thought about being a wood elf, but they just get screwed, probably just go with standard high elf, chain shirt, etc.

When you take weapon focus are longbow and composite longbow separate on the list?

Cedric

Don't know the answer to that off-hand, but I've always assumed they are. I'm pretty sure there isn't a comprehensive list in the PHB of what counts as separate weapons for the purpose of feats like that, but composite longbow is listed as a different weapon in the equipment chapter.

If it was "longbow, composite" you might be able to make a case, but it is listed separately, not as a subtype of a longbow. :)

But I would bow to greater wisdom, that's just my intuition talking.

alsih2o

First Post
Cedric said:

Cedric

i think this is just a nod to how it is made, same stuff for proficiencies :)

caudor

Adventurer
How does one apply for membership in the Hive? Or does one just linger around until they get assimulated? If the latter, is it painful?

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Caudor - first you post once or twice.

Then... in the middle of the night... you get taken away to where 'they' implant the cybernetic [HIVEMIND] implants. After that, you are not a "member" of the hive, but an instrinsic part of the entity that is the hive.

Which means you take up residence in PirateCat's head.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Officially Longbow and Composite Longbow are different weapons with different proficiencies.

However, it was even suggested by the designers that you allow a character to switch over to Composite at higher levels if they took longbow at low levels.

caudor

Adventurer
HellHound said:
Caudor - first you post once or twice.

Then... in the middle of the night... you get taken away to where 'they' implant the cybernetic [HIVEMIND] implants. After that, you are not a "member" of the hive, but an instrinsic part of the entity that is the hive.

Which means you take up residence in PirateCat's head.

Thanks HellHound. Somehow, I knew PirateCat was tangled up in this somehow :)

Hum, it can't be any worse than Fire in the Sky; of course, I'll just leave the light on anyway.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads