[Hivemind] Summoning the Hive! We're back in bussiness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGGEMAM

First Post
Actually it's:

Exit: light
Enter: night
Grain of sand

Exit: light
Enter: night
Take my hand
We're off to never never land

mystraschosen

First Post
Ello ello ello my cheery hivemind co- conspirators how goes the everyday hum and drum? I had a terrible session last night and am thouroughly not wanting to play in that group anymore....all cause of one kid....well enough of my problems and up up and away to read mr valterra's thread. be back in a flash.

randomling

First Post
Tallarn said:

EXIT LIGHT!
ENTER NIGHT!
Take my hand...off to Never-never land!

ah, the Black Album. Huzzah.

randomling, I tended to find outwarbuilder.com was giving me around a click every 5 to ten minutes minimum! That's one of the main reasons I've shot up in height so much recently.

Yeah, they're good for me too (had them running all day) but at the moment they still seem to be down.

Oh well! :)

Carnifex

First Post
Looks like I'm going to be starting a d20 modern campaign set in the warhammer 40k universe for a couple of my gf's housemates (they're wargamers and interested in rp'ing, but only one of them has rp'ed before) :)

randomling

First Post
Sounds cool, 'fex!

I quite like D20 Modern but I'm not sure how it would play as anything other than a "secret agents" campaign, which I'm not sure I want to run. The idea is interesting but I don't want to GM a game where you are constantly running around after terrorists.

What's your take on that? What do you envision your PCs being like? I don't know a lot about Warhammer so treat me like I'm stupid. :)

Carnifex

First Post
randomling said:
Sounds cool, 'fex!

I quite like D20 Modern but I'm not sure how it would play as anything other than a "secret agents" campaign, which I'm not sure I want to run. The idea is interesting but I don't want to GM a game where you are constantly running around after terrorists.

What's your take on that? What do you envision your PCs being like? I don't know a lot about Warhammer so treat me like I'm stupid. :)

Well, at the current rate they'll probably be agents and officials for the planetary government of a world under Imperial rule - and in Imperial terms planetary government is basically local government. They'll start off as lvl 1 characters, probably hunting downa rogue psionicist ro two, dealing with some low-level criminals etc.

Then things will start to get nasty, perhaps an encounter with a slightly more powerful psyker and a band of genuine Chaos cultists. Start to expose them to the evil forces of Chaos.

They'll start to gain a bit of promotion, deal with some more serious problems - maybe a civilian uprising in one of the cities, they'll be sent in to root out the ringleaders and find out to their horror its a Chaos or genestealer cult. Get a decent public success in dealing with it.

Then they'll be starting to get more involved in the bigger picture, gaining more promotion. At some point they'll have their first run-in with really nasty enemies - Plague Marines - when they're sent out to help deal with a mysterious assault on an asteroid base.

Then it all starts to go big. They'll be involved with Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Inquisitors. major planetary officials and governors. They might be employed as troubleshooters in an Inquisitors retinue or a high-up Imperial military commander. Who knows what plots they will foil and what enemies they will make? :D

And who knows? Maybe they will end up on the wrong side of the Imperium...

Cedric

First Post
We're making characters for a new 3rd ed campaign really soon. I know one person is playing a monk and one person is playing a thief, one person is playing a fighter and the other is likely a cleric/wizard or some other caster...

But I'm having the hardest time deciding what I want to play...

1st level characters, good aligned party, "heroic" campaign.

Was thinking...Cleric of the Elven God of Archery, focusing on archery (duh)

But I'm open to suggestions if other people have thoughts...

Cedric

Carnifex

First Post
Cedric said:
We're making characters for a new 3rd ed campaign really soon. I know one person is playing a monk and one person is playing a thief, one person is playing a fighter and the other is likely a cleric/wizard or some other caster...

But I'm having the hardest time deciding what I want to play...

1st level characters, good aligned party, "heroic" campaign.

Was thinking...Cleric of the Elven God of Archery, focusing on archery (duh)

But I'm open to suggestions if other people have thoughts...

Cedric

Clerics are always good, they're rock hard, have healing and buffs, and can deal serious damage spells at higher levels. An archery cleric is very nasty with the right domains and buffs :)

Sounds like a good choice to me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads