(Hollow Earth Expedition) THE THULE DEATH RAY!

Thanks for the feedback (and the offer to review my material), Rel! Please keep NC Game Day posted on the boards. I am planning on developing an adventure for the Springtime EnWorld. (I think it was DangerGirl who told me about a March/April EnWorld.) Maybe I could run the same adventure in both places...? Hmmmm.

JC: The VA gang and I are debating between GenCon and Origins for 2008. The RPG situation was crazy at GenCon this year. We were thinking about Origins this year instead of GenCon. Are you planning on going? If so, you've GOT to get a game with HEX developer-extrodinaire Jeff Combos. He only ran one 4-hour game at GenCon 2007 and I was lucky enough to get tickets for it. The other GMs were fabulous (I played with 3 others). I can't gush enough about those guys!

I've got your emails, I'll keep you posted! :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Rabbit in the Moon said:
Thanks for the feedback (and the offer to review my material), Rel! Please keep NC Game Day posted on the boards. I am planning on developing an adventure for the Springtime EnWorld. (I think it was DangerGirl who told me about a March/April EnWorld.) Maybe I could run the same adventure in both places...? Hmmmm.

The NC Game Day is also an ENWorld event and a number of the DC area folks make the trip down for it on occasion. There will be a thread about it, probably starting around the first week of December but I'll try and maybe make a thread mentioning it here if that's where you'll be watching.

As for GenCon, TONS of people from ENWorld go there and get together. Many of us make it a point to game primarily in each other's games rather than signing up to play with random folks.

Also I first heard about HEX at the ENnies Awards which are, of course, sponsored by ENWorld. My point being that this place and its people are just a good source to get exposed to awesome games and gamers. As I mentioned at the DC Game Day, I've been GMing for a LONG time but my skills have gotten much better by playing games run by the excellent folks here and adopting (i.e. stealing) techniques from them.

John Crichton

First Post
Rabbit in the Moon said:
JC: The VA gang and I are debating between GenCon and Origins for 2008. The RPG situation was crazy at GenCon this year. We were thinking about Origins this year instead of GenCon. Are you planning on going? If so, you've GOT to get a game with HEX developer-extrodinaire Jeff Combos. He only ran one 4-hour game at GenCon 2007 and I was lucky enough to get tickets for it. The other GMs were fabulous (I played with 3 others). I can't gush enough about those guys!
Depending on my vacation time at work, I may be able to make it to Origins, but I wasn't planning on it. To follow up on what Rel said, GenCon is the place to be. :cool: I played in no less than 8 ENW games last year and it was too much fun. The amount of awesome people simply keeps growing. *hint hint*

Remove ads