D&D 5E House Rules for Two Players

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Since I've run games with 2 or even 1 person without house rules I'm not sure what the concern is. The current edition is pretty forgiving if you want it to be, you just have to tailor to the players.

But if you see it as a problem my list would be

Unsure where you are getting "concern" and "problem" from - I explictly said that 5e can do it in the very first sentence, and reinforced that later.

That does not stop one from wondering if there are additional things out there. It's like how we read UA and buy new books to see new options. For example I'm having a blast playing an Order cleric from Ravnica even though I didn't think there was a problem with the cleric domains in the PHB.

Oofta

Legend
Unsure where you are getting "concern" and "problem" from - I explictly said that 5e can do it in the very first sentence, and reinforced that later.

That does not stop one from wondering if there are additional things out there. It's like how we read UA and buy new books to see new options. For example I'm having a blast playing an Order cleric from Ravnica even though I didn't think there was a problem with the cleric domains in the PHB.

I meant no offense, I'm just not sure what you're concerns are so I don't know what will be useful. I've still added my thoughts on what I might consider.

Laurefindel

Legend

I could give you some of my falling houserules, or point you toward the Xanathar variant for downtime activities, but you'd wonder how or why they are relevant to your situation.

What I believe Oofta was saying is that without some kind of guide as to what you are looking for, our help might be misguided. Im sure that suggesting the order domain would have been irrelevant in this context.

We understand you don't have a problem with 2-player game in 5e, but Oofta offered a list suggestions each remedying to potential pitfalls of 2-player games. To me it looks like you dismissed the most useful post of the thread.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases