• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How are you planning on Using Modern20?

Urizen

First Post
Dr. Halflight said:
Uri, I just want you to know that I'm really digging what your sharing with us....if you need a playtest group let me know :)

If you've only seen the Hellboy movie or cartoons, the graphic novels are awesome & the twist about them I really like is that the Supernatural is known & the BPRD & Hellboy aren't hidden. Hellboy is a celebrity.

I'm glad you like the tidbits! It's going to be really fun to write. I'll be including an optional campaign model (possible a couple of them), so people can have something to sink their teeth into right out of the gate.

Roudi

First Post
I've almost got my player's characters ready for a Dark*Matter-inspired game. I love supernatural in the form of low-magic, conspiracy theory, suspense mystery horror.

Hopefully Jarvis and I can give you all some options on this end when we get around to Magic20.

I'm wondering... think there's a need for a Menace Manual type book for Modern20? I keep hearing about what a great resource the Menace Manual is for d20 Modern. Would you folks be interested in something like this?

elrics

Explorer
Roudi said:
I'm wondering... think there's a need for a Menace Manual type book for Modern20? I keep hearing about what a great resource the Menace Manual is for d20 Modern. Would you folks be interested in something like this?
Yep. Especially if it included a slimmed-down CR-like scoping mechanism to help Modern20 GMs build appropriately risky encounters. Alternatively, I would love to see a Spycraft2.0-like system for building scalable thumbnail NPCs/animals/monsters. Either or both of those would make it so much more than just a "monster book" for Modern20.

Charlesgray109

First Post
I'm considering using this for a magic/fantasy campaign, becaues I have players who hate M&M and True20 (and they do have reasons, mainly boiling down to it just doesn't "Feel" right to them, and since we game to have fun...), but I've never really liked the way D20 modern was put together, especialy with all the advanced and prestige classes.
So it'll be interesting to see how things go.

kroh

First Post
Roudi said:
I've almost got my player's characters ready for a Dark*Matter-inspired game. I love supernatural in the form of low-magic, conspiracy theory, suspense mystery horror.

Hopefully Jarvis and I can give you all some options on this end when we get around to Magic20.

Definitely do something like a Menace Manual. Very cool. This game so far has been well done and well received. If the production value is the same and you giggle with insane glee as you write it (from thoughts of how cool it would be to play) then I am sure that it would be worth it to write.

Good to see you my friend...
Keep the faith,
Walt

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads