• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do I make a multi-page PDF with Illustrator?

Galethorn

First Post
Well, I recently realized I can edit PDFs with Illustrator, and so went about reworking an existing character sheet for my homebrew setting...it came out great, visually and functionally, but its four pages are in four separate files now...

So, how do I get it back into a single file with four pages?

SubMensa

First Post
As long as you don't have any form fillable fields on the sheet your local Kinko's at 23203 Pacific Hwy S should be able to mash them together for about $5.

They use a plugin for Acrobat called Quite Imposing. One of the features that it will do is exactly what you are looking for, placing the four images together either on two 11x17 plates, or 4 separate 8.5x11 plates all in the same file.

I used to do alot of church newsletters this way to save the pastors some money by fitting everything onto one sheet of paper.

Chances are the guy doing the work might be a fellow R-Player so you might be able to get the work for free if you let him snag a copy for himself.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Rackhir

Explorer
You should be able to create a custom page size, large enough to contain all 4 pages and then just paste in the 4 separate pages. There should be printing options to let you print that on 4 separate pages once that's done.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
If you have a "full" version of Acrobat, you should be able to take the separate-page Illustrator PDFs and combine them.

Alternately, ditto Rackhir. A 4-page Illustrator layout for US Letter paper would be 22"H x 17"W, 44"H x 8.5"W, or 11"H x 34"W, depending on how you want to do it. And remember to *print* to PDF, don't export (tile full pages, not imageable areas). Or there's HotDoor MultiPage if you feel like sinking the $$ into it. You will need a "PDF Printer" if you want to make a multi-page PDF out of it (for example, pdf995, CutePDF Writer, and Go2PDF are freeware PDF printers).

Of course, if you don't actually need a PDF and are content to keep the sheet in Illustrator, why then you set up the oversize artboard as above, tile full pages, copy and paste, and you are good to go for paper.

Last edited:

Remove ads