D&D 5E How do you feel about games without Feats and Multiclassing?

How do you feel about games without Feats and Multiclassing?

• I'll only play WITH Feats and Multiclassing.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • I'll only play WITHOUT Feats and Multiclassing.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • I'll play either way.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • It's complicated.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Cake.

Votes: 10 8.7%

fba827

Adventurer
If you ever redo this poll might want a couple broken down choices. ‘As a player I prefer no feats in the game’ ‘as a player prefer no multickassing inthe game’ ‘as a player it doesn’t matter to me either way’ as a dm I prefer ....those three same choices from a dm perpectve.

I don't really see the point of playing 5e without feats and multiclassing; if I wanted to play that way, I'd use an older version of the game, or a retro clone. I've played and enjoyed both. I've also never had a 5e player who didn't want those rules as part of the mix, and don't see a practical reason for them to be optional.
Thousands of players had great fun playing the pregen from the starter set (AKA : with the basic rules).
People playing with the Essentials Kit also do not use Feats & MC and have a blast.

As i said, i love Feats but i can see the point of playing without them.
We all know the vast majority of campaigns don't go past Level 11, a Fighter with max Str/Dex at level 6 and +2 Con at level 8 will be ok i think ;)

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Thousands of players had great fun playing the pregen from the starter set (AKA : with the basic rules).
People playing with the Essentials Kit also do not use Feats & MC and have a blast.

As i said, i love Feats but i can see the point of playing without them.
We all know the vast majority of campaigns don't go past Level 11, a Fighter with max Str/Dex at level 6 and +2 Con at level 8 will be ok i think ;)
I'm sure people do, for my part I'd rather have feats in 5e, or play another edition. I played 1st ed for years, and grew up on 2nd. I personally find 5e less fun without feats, and would like to see fewer maxed out stats on characters at lower levels. If my players allowed point buy, I would do it, but I don't have that option.

teitan

Legend
I'm sure people do, for my part I'd rather have feats in 5e, or play another edition. I played 1st ed for years, and grew up on 2nd. I personally find 5e less fun without feats, and would like to see fewer maxed out stats on characters at lower levels. If my players allowed point buy, I would do it, but I don't have that option.
That's why I like 5E, they're optional but a player using them doesn't overshadow players who don't want to use them.

Last edited:

Remove ads