D&D General How do you like your character sheets?

What do you prefer in a character sheet?

Laurefindel

Legend
I just want my gods-dammed feats on the front page…

oh, and you don’t need a CMY cartridge-worth of ink or Di’Terlizzi doodles all over the page to make it artistic. Just make it more exciting than an income tax form!

Must be at least 12 pages long with each and every possible feature, racial ability, class trait etc listed and the full text of the ability included in 4 point script font. All spells from every source, including third party, must also be included. Best if things are in random ordered, with lots of fluorescent green and highlighter yellow.
Or you know, a digital one that is not in the spirit of the poll.

Peter BOSCO'S

Adventurer
I prefer the ones that have the Skill list in alphabetical order. I also SUPER LIKE the ones that actually have the skills next to their appropriate ability modifiers. So all the STR skills next to STR, all the DEX skills next to DEX, etc,etc,etc,etc.
No, those are absolutely the worst kind, because then when the DM wants you to use a different stat you have to search for it, wasting everyone's time. When they're alphabetical you can always find them.

Last edited:

Lycurgon

Adventurer
I have always used portrait because I am used to it and the forms I use are laid out that way, it is the standard for most things. But now that I think about it, landscape might actually work better for my in person games because of the limited space due to the grip map in the middle of the table. I might have to look into that, but currently playing online due to covid spike we are going through currently here.

Scruffy nerf herder

Toaster Loving AdMech Boi
I answered portraits, landscapes and themes because if I'm printing something out I want it aesthetically pleasing not just empty space. However, my best answer is that I love simply taking a piece of paper and drawing up a character sheet from scratch, then maybe drawing some doodles if I feel the urge.

It's a nostalgia thing. The first time I ever got to see how cool D&D is, I was looking through my dad's book case and found that he used to play AD&D. The rules and illustrations in it were awesome and it had the iconic cover art many of us know and love.

And in between those pages my father had a bunch of character sheets he had drawn up from scratch on pieces of note paper. In fact way too many characters for him to have played them all, so clearly it was fun just to make characters. And ever since then a big part of my enjoyment of the game is character creation.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Portrait.

No white space, but instead of filling it with art fill it with more info so as to reduce page-flipping.

Ideally done on a spreadsheet or word processor (easier to read than my awful handwriting!) which is then printed out for use at the table.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases